forum

Does BPM dictate the click speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Madboy_Juls
So I am currently wondering if BPM is the only factor that tells you how fast you have to press your 2 Buttons when streaming, cuz sometimes it feels i can use the same click speed for one map and for another map it feels like i have to change my clicking speed
AccountWontWork
BPM is one of the main factors yes

but there are also 1/4 timing(normal), 1/3 timing(like 75% of bpm idk), 1/6timing(1.5x of bpm), 1/8 timing(2x of bpm) and etc.

so a map can say that its 95bpm but with it having 1/8 timing it is actually 190bpm, or a map that is 270bpm but its timed at 1/2 is 135bpm.

There is also a feeling of a difference in speed because of the AR(approach rate), sometimes when a map is higher AR it feels faster or slower to tap than if it was lower AR.
Topic Starter
Madboy_Juls
How do I find out if a map has 1/8 Timing so I can adjust my clicking speed accordingly
Naiad

Madboy_Juls wrote:

How do I find out if a map has 1/8 Timing so I can adjust my clicking speed accordingly
I mean no offense but usually it's just obvious. for example 150 bpm 1/4 is basically an alt map, 150 bpm 1/8 is a 300 bpm stream. you can check editor if you really need to. Anyways the main problem here is that you need to be tapping to a visual/auditory stimulus and not just trying to tap a certain bpm mindlessly. once you start reading each note/tapping to each beat youll find accing streams much easier.