forum

How do you read streams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PyaPaya
For normal gameplay I try to focus on the very next note, so I can see if my cursor lands in the middle of the note when I click it. It's too hard to read streams with this style, so I kind of zone out and I don't read them properly as a result. So far I've experimented with trying to track the start of the stream, but it takes a toll on my eyes and I can only read where I'm aiming occasionally for simple streams.

Is this a viable way to read? I can't imagine taking this to higher star ratings with spaced/wiggle/jump streams.
Louis Marble
When it comes to long streams, you got to make sure that your eyes are tracking through the streams. Try to avoid reading ahead of the notes of the streams.
MrMcMikey22
I always make sure to move correctly with my mouse and to move as consistently as possible and kind of imagine it of me drawing a perfect wave.
Purpal777
I read streams in "blocks" of 4 notes, which allows me to keep track of where my cursor is in relation to the notes I'm hitting as well as when I have to hit the notes
Naiad
idk I just look a few notes ahead of my cursor and dont think about it too much
Ymir
For me it's all peripheral vision. You see everything that way, and it's generally quite effective.
Almost

PyaPaya wrote:

For normal gameplay I try to focus on the very next note, so I can see if my cursor lands in the middle of the note when I click it. It's too hard to read streams with this style, so I kind of zone out and I don't read them properly as a result. So far I've experimented with trying to track the start of the stream, but it takes a toll on my eyes and I can only read where I'm aiming occasionally for simple streams.

Is this a viable way to read? I can't imagine taking this to higher star ratings with spaced/wiggle/jump streams.
It is, it just takes practice. You get used to it eventually.