forum

new lazer mania SS rank criteria

posted
Total Posts

do you think that a 95%acc score and a 99.99%acc with only MAX/300's should both get the same grade?

yes, this new lazer grading system is great
9.09%
no, i liked stable's system for SS ranks more
36.36%
no, i think S ranks should require higher accuracy than 95%
2.27%
no, i think there should be an indicator/new grade for getting maximum score while keeping stable's SS's
52.27%
Total votes: 44
Topic Starter
noaboa17
in lazer getting an SS apparently means getting all MAX judgements
with stable you could get SS rank with MAX and 300 judgements however in lazer getting a 300 lowers accuracy

i just found out about this because today i hopped on osu stable and my profile accuracy went down from 100% on its own and i went to check my profile in lazer mode and my heart dropped when all my SS ranks except 1 disappeared lolll L rip bozo skill issue for me i guess

anyway why did the criteria for S rank not change with this? cuz its still 95%+ acc and this system is bad its better if S rank was atleast like 98%+ or maybe a new grade for maximum scores

1. 95.00% acc with a bunch of misses and bad judgements
  2. 99.99% acc with only MAX and 300 judgements
these 2 ^ getting the same grade/rank is just not okay theres a gigantic gap in performance i do think maximum score getting its own grade now is pretty cool tho

also does this mean getting MAX judgements is easier now or what? stable's hit window for a MAX judgement was what like 16ms? thats like almost stepmania judge 6 and SS ranks are gonna super brutal and way cooler to have now but if the hit window did change for MAX judgements in lazer im curious as to how much ms it is
ioai
having an SSS for all max would be cool but that wouldn't really be consistent with other game modes therefore it should probably just remain as it currently is in stable. MAX judgement rather feels like a bonus than a requirement, which is and should remain reflected in the score, not in the grade.
Full Tablet
The current C rank is superfluous (not much different from getting a D), so all letters could be reassigned.

SS <- All MAXs.
S <- All MAXs or 300s.
A <- Above 95% accuracy.
B <- Above 90% accuracy.
C <- Above 80% accuracy.
D otherwise.