forum

Co-op mod/mode revamp

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Garr
I doubt it's intended but Co-op mod/mode doesn't currently exist in lazer.

I think most people who actually tried to play co-op mode don't realize that the real reason it doesn't feel very fun except when played with some of those very old custom coop beatmaps is because it switched players after every combo which isn't fun to play most of the time because most combos end at 9 which is too early to build up hype, engagement and exciting anticipation(when it's someone else's turn).

Me and a friend fixed this by simply making huge combos up to 200 or more which was way more fun and vastly superior to the way co-op works normally but too cumbersome to have to manually change so many maps.

The idea would be for there to be an option to select a switch threshold number tagged to the start and end of already preexisting combos to avoid awkward sectioning/transitions, it would be possible to assign an asymmetric number instead of it just being equally sectioned throughout the beatmap and to assign different sectioning numbers to different players so you could have players of different skill levels co-op in interesting ways, of course the implementation would begin with the simpler stuff.
HybridDeath
good idea, I played coop with 2 friends and they absolutely HATED it because of the combo