forum

durable keyboard switches for mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
advilraccoon
ever since I started getting a little better at mania I've noticed that I've gone through switches for my keyboard so fast. the ones I got with my keyboard (the Akko jelly purple I believe) lasted me like literally a month before I wasn't able to even type with the keys I use for mania. I've switched to the cherry mx red switches which have definitely lasted longer, but now are starting to stick a bit. does anyone have any suggestions on super durable switches that preferably aren't super different from the mx reds? or if not, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make my switches last longer?

btw I've lubed all of my switches myself, and I've also done a pretty scuffed tape mod for anyone wondering if I've modded my keyboard at all.

(I will also take any durable keyboard options if anyone has any but mostly switches)
Wimpy Cursed
I mean HyperX alloy origins have been nice for me. I didn't do any modding to it, but it still is a fine keyboard.

The switches are linear red switches.
yellowbadbeast
I've been using Haimu Heartbeat stems plus Gateron Red housings, and they've lasted for about half a year without chatter. I used to use just the Haimu Heartbeat in its entirety, but I've found that boutique switch housings usually don't last as long as more mainstream ones.