forum

Struggling with two fingers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roger_dirac
Umm, so I am new to osu!taiko and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so please bear with me.
I play with two fingers (red on J, and blue on K) without alternating. While I can clear all Futsuu maps till 3*, above it there's either Futsuu with very high BPM (for me) or Muzukashii. In Muzu's I just can't hit ddd/kkk type with two fingers (in beatmaps with decent BPM) and it seems like I really have to start using all four fingers. I did try using the playstyle KDDK but I really struggle in coordinating of hands and usually mess up since my muscle memory kicks in and I start pressing red on right (which was blue in my previous playstyle). I have also tried TBT maps but in actual maps I fail. How do I switch to four fingers and avoid my memory kicking in mid-play? (I play on lazer btw if that's required)
Mayomi
Welcome to taiko! :) Just play slower maps for now, until you can alternate patterns without thinking about it. Building the initial muscle memory isn't easy and you'll mess up a lot at first, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

(technically you don't need 4 fingers, there's top players who play index-only, but yeah you're gonna need to use all 4 keys)
BlueChinchompa
As someone learning how to play taiko with 4 fingers (kddk) and has been slowly improving just play slower maps and work your way up.