forum

[Archived] Can't download map packs on osu!lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AYANATHECOOL
i want to download map packs but i can't find the songs folder in my osu!lazer and i need help. i wont switch to osu!stable because every skin i use, the coloumn just moves to the left side. i try to move it to the middle using skin.ini but no luck. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would help me
his everything
you can't find the osu!lazer songs folder due to the fact that there is none.

more information here: https://github.com/ppy/osu/wiki/User-file-storage

A lot of the teething issues we ran into with osu-stable revolved around the user data folders being directly accessible to users as standard files. To avoid this, we are employing a more stringent method of file storage. As such, there is no equivalent of the beatmap/skins folders in the current system. All files that are imported to lazer are stored under filenames that reflect their SHA-256 hashes, in the ~/.local/share/osu/files (or OS equivalent) folder. Mappings to these files are held inside a client database.
Jason X
It should be possible to unpack the mappacks to a separater folder, and them you just have to drag them into the lazer window.
(You might need to tab out/switch to windowed, in order to drag them in)

You could also set up a stable client to import maps to, and then use the lazer options to move them from stable to lazer.
(Import settings I think)