forum

How do you find songs for you to map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[TCD] Dzar03
What will you do when you want to map but need to find a song that good enough for you to make it a map?
How's your habit of listen to music? Could it help you to find songs for you to map?

I mostly listen to some music of my favourite genre, trending music I found on youtube, spotify or new ranked/loved maps in Osu. Sometimes I can find new songs from other rhythm games. And at the end, I choose a good song from these sources when I want to make a map.
Currently I want to expand my music taste by finding a way to get something new like new song, genre or artist. One of the reason why I'm creating this thread.
Rockxer
We are not very different. I also use songs from my likes on YouTube for my maps or from musical artists without lyrics. or sometimes I just go straight to the featured artists list to find something that interests me.
lewski
ive had more songs i wanna have maps of than i have time to map for over half a decade now so when im just mapping my own stuff finding a song is effortless, its basically all stuff i like to listen to when im doing chores or just vibing

i do also have a playlist where i put stuff that could be cool to map and i look through it when i need something specific for a tourney slot
Gsun
I map whatever I believe would be the most exciting themes that osu! would love to have around in their beatmaps, that's all.
nominomu
i just look in featured artists, most of the songs there match my music taste
Yoisaki Kanade
I browse youtube on the way to school and record down the song if I can think up concepts that would fit the song.
Peni
i find mine primarily through spotify recommendations and release radar, anime and other osu! maps.
Wataxei
I just go through the graveyard section lol
his everything
Spotify
powerplayer75
they find me
the37signals1
What I mainly do is just listen to the normal music i listen to. People don't really share the same taste of music as I do in osu (i listen to artists like destroy lonely, ken carson, playboy carti, kendrick lamar, drake, yada yada... I could go on), which is probably why i dont see any of my favorite songs in the beatmap listing. I usually take a stroll through some of the songs i listen to and say "Hmmm, this has a good rhythm and a nice beat. I could totally make this into a beatmap." I have a little queue of songs i plan to map, which would also help me with general mapping since im just starting.