forum

[resolved] How do I extract a background image from a beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
psithur
Lazer seems to encrypt its beatmap meta data, as I can't seem to find any of it stored locally. I really just wanna extract a background image for my friend since I thought she might like it ; u ;

I also checked the most recent posts for similar questions, but no such luck.

Thank you for any help!!

osu! version: Stable 20220101.1
Wimpy Cursed
I tried to look into it.

I first tried to see if just the original osu! folder will update (obviously not).
Then I looked into the editor. There are files displayed, but you cannot obtain them. You could extract the file as a .olz or .osz. You just won't be able to actually access anything inside of it, because it is purely used to import into the game again.

Then I checked the wiki - basically told me it is impossible to get song folders.
You can take a look for yourself if you want to Here is the link

Best solution is to just export in the game and then swap back to stable to import the map (or just redownload the map for stable.)
- Marco -
If it's uploaded to the osu!servers you can also use https://assets.ppy.sh/beatmaps/<beatmapID>/covers/raw.jpg

Example: beatmapsets/2123533#osu/4462721 <--2123533 is the beatmapID
Topic Starter
psithur
I appreciate both of your answers a ton, thank you very much! I did try going into the beatmap folder from the editor, but I came to realize they removed the option to access the folder. At least now I know I wasn't too stupid to find it <'3

Marco's method did work for my particular map, thank you thousandfold! I got the image now (:

Kisses ♥