forum

IDEA: osu olympics aka The osu! Games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
has anyone ever thought about have an osu olympics. You could have competitions in taiko, osu, and catch the beat. for osu, you could have singles, tag2 and tag4 teams from each country etc. We could have beatmapping contest and taiko mapping contest.

if this were to happen i know it would take a lot of time and effort.
Torran
osu! Winter Olympics? FABULOUS!
anonymous_old
What.
Cyclone
The thought had crossed my mind(though not from an olympic standpoint), but i want to take these sort of things 1 step at a time. The first step is successfully running an official tournament.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
not all at once that would be insane.
Daru
Lol, representatives from each country? :D
That sounds awesome, but I agree with Cyclone; this may be a bit overblown considering we've only completed 1 tournament, and that wasn't an "official" one.

Though, I think we should have "games" like Jump, Stream, Spin, etc, along with what you mentioned (tag, and such).
It would be fun to do it, even if not under the pretense of an "official tournament/event"
MegaManEXE
Could be a cool concept

A few countries are totally stacked with pros though >_>
anonymous_old

Daru wrote:

Though, I think we should have "games" like Jump, Stream, Spin, etc, along with what you mentioned (tag, and such).
YES!!!
lukewarmholiday
:I

Concept is fine but dear lord are you nine years old.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

lukewarmholiday wrote:

:I

Concept is fine but dear lord are you nine years old.
+6 years do you have an issues with new ideas because i don't put up with crap like that
anonymous_old
Please don't turn into animask 2.0.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
-.- , i just hate it when people post comments like that

anyway i know this isn't any time soon, but i think it would probably be best to have experimental "tournaments" with each specific event. so we would know what problems would arise
DeathxShinigami

ouranhshc wrote:

Deal with it. Be glad you experienced this sort of thing now than in the long run.
Daru

DeathxShinigami wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

Deal with it. Be glad you experienced this sort of thing now than in the long run.
Imagine losing faith in the human race right as you're going over the hill.
That's gotta be really depressing.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
anyway, does anyone have any more ideas for this
Ephemeral
This could work, we could have separate events for separate mapping styles - like stream or jump oriented, DT events, mod qualifiers.. Could be very interesting.

To make it fair though, people would have to qualify for events on a multiplayer match, meaning if they mess up that game, they mess up their shot at the title.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
we also have to think about, if people can do more than one event. I think it would be good to do one "playing" event and one mapping event. or we can just limit it to one event overall
Gabi
we would need a torch
MegaManEXE

Gabi wrote:

we would need a torch
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5592

am i doin it rite