forum

[resolved] Song in Editor somehow gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YouToubeGirl
Hello there,

I wanted to reach out about a little hiccup I encountered while working on a project. I was mapping out a song that I'm really into at the moment, and everything seemed to be going smoothly. However, when I finished and tried to add a video, I realized the song had mysteriously disappeared.

After some digging, I found that the song was still in the beatmap folder and functioning perfectly. But for some reason, it just won't play when I test the map or try to edit it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue before and if there are any solutions you might know of. I'd really appreciate any help or advice you could offer.

If there's no quick fix, I guess I'll have to start over, which isn't exactly what I had in mind but hey, sometimes that's just how it goes.

Thanks for your time, and looking forward to any insights you might have.
Jason X
Is the song still playing when you're not in the editor? (Map selection, regular playing of the map)

In the editor, click "File > Open Song Folder" and "File > Open .osu in Notepad" (screenshot attached), then check if the audio file names match up in the folder and the .osu file.
By default the audio file is renamed to "audio.filetype" (For example: audio.mp3, audio.ogg, audio.wav) when being importet to osu/the editor.

If the names do not match up (screenshot attached) you can simply correct the mistake in the .osu by adding the correct name.filetype to that line. In this example case I'd have to remove " song" from that line.
This should fix your problem.

In case you are using lazer:
I do not know how to fix it there, so I suggest to export the map and import it to the stable client for the editor, so you can fix the problem. You can than export it again to import it back to lazer if you want.

In case this did not resolve the problem:
Please export the map and upload it externally (Google drive, dropbox, or any other upload service) so that we might have a look at it in order to find the problem.
Topic Starter
YouToubeGirl
Thanks for your answer!
That was it! I somehow renamed my .mp3 file. Now I finally can work on it again. Thank you so much!