forum

manually override SB pass/fail behavior

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Right now, the pass/fail SB state is handled one way during gameplay (combo-based), and a different way during breaks (lifebar-based). I think that works very well as a default, but it'd be cool if it could be overridden, either via timing sections or with SB codes.

This would be cool for a couple of situations at least:

-The mapper could control exactly how far into the beginning of a break the combo-based animation would continue
-The mapper could set certain gameplay sections to react to lifebar instead of combo, for a very non-authentic type of SB
mm201
Support.

Basing events off of drain during gameplay would be cool, but I don't see any normal use for basing break scenes off of whether the last combo before them was an Elite Beat or not.

Intermediate Layer seems more pressing, IMO.
YoshiKart
Definitely support.

I know peppy's gonna deny the "middle layer" between pass and fail... Can I suggest this... You can pick whether fail status represents either 100, or 50/X, and whether pass status represents either 300 or 100?

It'd be nice for failing status SBs that appear pretty severe to not show at 100's.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

MetalMario201 wrote:

I don't see any normal use for basing break scenes off of whether the last combo before them was an Elite Beat or not.
I was thinking it could be used to allow whatever animation was playing during gameplay to continue playing smoothly until the "cutscene" starts. I'm pretty sure that's sort of what happens in the DS games.

It would also probably look better on very short breaks with no cutscenes to not have the animation change at all.

There's a different thread for the middle layer request and I'd rather keep them separate since they are largely unrelated
mm201
I see what you're saying. If that's the current behaviour then it definitely needs to be rethought. A new checkbox on an SB object maybe?
Torran
Support!
CheeseWarlock
Whether it's something like this or the intermediate layer that is apparently being implemented, more SB layers/options are a good thing. Support.
Kitsunemimi
Good idea.

+1