forum

Are you a neet/hikikomori?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
Or have you ever been, if so have you been able to recover from that lifestyle?

At my worst i didnt leave my house in 3 months, it was so bad that i didnt get any sunlight and i had to use pills to get vitamen D. Now im better btw
Aireunaeus
The only time i would stay home all day would be in school breaks or in quarantine
UPR
I was more a Hermit then a neet/hikkimori when I was one
sametdze
one of my favourite youtubers is a NEET, i just love hearing him talk about his experiences

but no i am not a NEET
Jangsoodlor
no
Kobold84
Yes.
MistressRemilia
I'm more of a recluse than anything, and I'm fine with it. People generally get on my nerves, and I usually say I dislike people but like individual persons.

Technically a NEET as well, though that's more due to my mental health interfering with my ability to work.
DM FOR MUTUAL
I was functionally a neet for about a half year span, and for the last few years I've been a neet in spirit even though I've technically been in education the entire time and held a job at one point as well. I'm really wanting to move forward with my life but I'm finding it really difficult to do so.
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

I was functionally a neet for about a half year span, and for the last few years I've been a neet in spirit even though I've technically been in education the entire time and held a job at one point as well. I'm really wanting to move forward with my life but I'm finding it really difficult to do so.
I can relate
synthwavesquid
i guess you could call me a neet rn but i should be going back into education later this year. not hikikomori. i do go outside, but i'm severely asocial + hate being around people when i don't have to/don't want to

("want" is being used very loosely here tbh)
I AM VERY SMART
impossible to be a "hikikomori" if you're a student 💀

(unless if you're unschooled but that's not my case at all)
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

Anaxii wrote:

Thats true if we stick to the original definition of a hikikomori. However this word has been bastardised a bit and now its also used for people that only go out when absolutely necessary
Nanofranne
No. But I'm definitely spending much more time inside than outside
Duck o-o

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Thats true if we stick to the original definition of a hikikomori. However this word has been bastardised a bit and now its also used for people that only go out when absolutely necessary
Why even use it when not japanese lol
Doesnt it just mean recluse or shut in or smthn lol
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

Dementedduck wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Why even use it when not japanese lol
Doesnt it just mean recluse or shut in or smthn lol
call it however you like
lostsilver
i go out alot, so wouldn't classify myself as either