forum

Arcade mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +670
show more
Ryu Sei
Also, limit the beatmaps length at the selection, under 6 mins. Above that is (usually) marathon beatmaps.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
of course i will
edit: for the fifth difficulty, i think it should be the top 20 maps, because you cant see a Big Black-like map everyday
2D girl lover
I love this idea!

but...I just not clear about the enemies
the enemies is a map? or a player?
and it play solo only? or can invite other player?

just ignore me...
/me run
jimmyman3

2D girl lover wrote:

I love this idea!

but...I just not clear about the enemies
the enemies is a map? or a player?
and it play solo only? or can invite other player?

just ignore me...
/me run
i really like this arcade mode! if i had a star i would give it :D.

I like this qeustion. it would be cool if you can invite a friend to play with.
or someting like multiplayer but not that long
Rio-
finally, battler made a quality-thread

but seriously, I love and support this one... nice idea.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
im kinda stuck when it comes to the graphics of the interface of that mode. can you contribute with something or i have to wait for peppy to get a flash of genius?
quaternary

Trash Boat wrote:

of course i will
edit: for the fifth difficulty, i think it should be the top 20 maps, because you cant see a Big Black-like map everyday
Most of those are tag4/2b/trollmaps though.

Really I think you should be able to play collections in arcade mode. It will choose maps only from that collection.
Tekklorn
This actually seems pretty interesting, I would support but I'm all out of stars so here, have some imaginary ones: ***
Topic Starter
Trash Boat

tuddster wrote:

Most of those are tag4/2b/trollmaps though.
Really I think you should be able to play collections in arcade mode. It will choose maps only from that collection.
i think it should be a predeterminated set each. and those beatmaps are perfect because..

Trash Boat wrote:

it will unlock in 1 of 2 ways, you choose the most convenient: 1-when you accomplish certain requirements. 2-when you are good enough for that mode
i actually have a feeling on the 2nd way
query3
This is brilliant. You have my vote :D
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
here's some idea about what could be the main menu graphics

sorry for my paint skills

also, the Solo mode could be called Freeplay mode, in case
[Vriska Serket]
So is there a predetermined set of beatmaps in each Set? Are you supposed to choose them yourself? Are they random? This part just confused me a little, but it sounds fun if it is what I think it is.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
The set of the 5th difficulty is already set, there will be the top 20 of osu! Tp. But the maps of the other sets, mm.. ihavent decided that yet. Maybe i should let the community or peppy to choose them
query3

Trash Boat wrote:

The set of the 5th difficulty is already set, there will be the top 20 of osu! Tp. But the maps of the other sets, mm.. ihavent decided that yet. Maybe i should let the community or peppy to choose them
For making sets, you should let the community submit map sets with songs they want, as well as other "official" arcade map sets
Perhaps a random mode would work by making a temporary map pack for play

Just my thoughts :P
Topic Starter
Trash Boat

spying189 wrote:

For making sets, you should let the community submit map sets with songs they want, as well as other "official" arcade map sets
i agree with this

spying189 wrote:

Perhaps a random mode would work by making a temporary map pack for play
mmm.. not entirely agree with this
Constantine
Just suggestion

[you can choose your own map for the rounds] after playing a diff you will not be able to play an level that lower than the current diff, base on the star rating, you must play an equal / highe level maps, with 5th map is presetted/marathon maps

Shortly, delete all those set A B C D EZ NM blahblah

I want to star this but i dont have any D:
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i already say it, there will be predetermined sets chosen by the community. not going to change it
Xenlon
I like the Idea
And it would be great to play something different :D
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
how about leaving a open VS request so anyone can challenge you to a multiplayer match? like Street Fighter 4. or its better wthout that?
whalehime
I actually really like this idea a whole lot, it'll definitely spice up the classic gameplay. :)
MarioBound
osu! arcade is the future!
Senpoii
I support this idea! Sounds very cool... I love the concept.

+1 star
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
im considering seriously the possibility of leaving an open VS request so anyone can challenge you at any time while playing, as long as you leave it open. like Street fighter 4. you can customize it of course

ignore autoplay stuff
the icon will vary accord to the mode you are playing.
Inwerd
Oh, this is such a great idea o o, sounds very interesting.
Zanfii
Really like the sound of this, would love to see it implemented.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i think that somebody challenging you in the middle of your game may be annoying here in osu!, so you'll be able to play a multi after clearing the map(the game will tell you when a player entered your lobby). what do you think?
2LazytoName
So it would be like non-stop mode or a playlist. Hope that it would also record your scores individually as well.

I was thinking about this, glad i found the post.
Plus i tend to only play the songs i like, not the songs i should be getting better at. This would help break my habit :)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i just thought about a competitive mode where you go into the game with a human opponent to see who gets the highest score, only on multi option ofc
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
well, i think that's all. please star if you like it
ChicagoTed
I think if executed properly, this could be really entertaining. Just like an Arcade mode is supposed to be, it would make me feel competitive against my friends again. Have some stars, hope to see this do well.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
to incentive play, each mode should have the matching difficulties and beatmaps designed specifically for each diff. Example, Taiko: Kantan, Futsuu, Muzukashii, Oni and Ura Oni. Mania: 4k, 5k, 6k, 7k and 8k. i guess CTB and osu! will have the default diff names
piruchan

Trash Boat wrote:

i think that somebody challenging you in the middle of your game may be annoying here in osu!, so you'll be able to play a multi after clearing the map(the game will tell you when a player entered your lobby). what do you think?
Won't that give the player who just entered a lower score?

Example : (A=lobby owner, B=player who just entered the lobby)

A : Pass map number three, six more maps to go
B : Start from map number four, haven't played map 1, 2, and 3.

Trash Boat wrote:

C + C + C + B + A + B + D + S + A + B = B

99+98+97+96+95+94+93+92+91+90=95
Therefore the new player score (accuracy) will be 0+0+0+what he/she gets from map 4-10 divided by 10.
Considering that the two players are of equal skill (hence giving almost similar accuracy), B will get a lower score than A.
But I guess it can be fixed with this, new player score will be averaged(divided) by the number of maps he/she played in that set.
In this case giving B : 0+0+0+what he/she gets from map 4-10 divided by 7.

Also, you might want to consider when the lobby can be entered.
Let's say that there's a person who can't reach the boss of map set 1, but really wants to play the boss beatmap. He enters multiplayer and see there's a lobby in-progress playing map set 1 map number 9 and enter it. This will make him wait until others finished playing map number 9 and he will join in only to "fight" the boss. I don't know about you but I think this is a little ...... unfair.

Btw, I support the idea, but I don't have any stars :(.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
piruchan, the arcade mode and the lobby request are 2 separate different things. you can customize the settings of the lobby at your will, like the song you are going to play, the mods, etc. and you will be able to access the lobby when you finish the song. about the player ranking and accuracy average, that is still not finished yet. its just an example, somebody else must improve it
[ Pingu ]
Yes pleaseee~
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i guess this mode will feature an unique skin, but that's up to the man to decide it
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
well, i guess that's it. comment and star if you like it
Razor Sharp
So to say. I is a great idea! But what about mods? Should it be like, when you have done the easiest diff with HD, you can do Normal with HD? and so on? and if you want to do harder diffs with mods, you need to do the easier diffs with those mods?

Anyway, i love the whole idea of this :D
Bara-
Awesome idea!!
I wish i had some more stars >.<
jomarixa808
I like this. I personally don't like having mods locked though.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
if i haven't announced this before, i will now. everything is subject to changes
show more