forum

Arcade mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +670
show more
whalehime
I actually really like this idea a whole lot, it'll definitely spice up the classic gameplay. :)
MarioBound
osu! arcade is the future!
Senpoii
I support this idea! Sounds very cool... I love the concept.

+1 star
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
im considering seriously the possibility of leaving an open VS request so anyone can challenge you at any time while playing, as long as you leave it open. like Street fighter 4. you can customize it of course

ignore autoplay stuff
the icon will vary accord to the mode you are playing.
Inwerd
Oh, this is such a great idea o o, sounds very interesting.
Zanfii
Really like the sound of this, would love to see it implemented.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i think that somebody challenging you in the middle of your game may be annoying here in osu!, so you'll be able to play a multi after clearing the map(the game will tell you when a player entered your lobby). what do you think?
2LazytoName
So it would be like non-stop mode or a playlist. Hope that it would also record your scores individually as well.

I was thinking about this, glad i found the post.
Plus i tend to only play the songs i like, not the songs i should be getting better at. This would help break my habit :)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i just thought about a competitive mode where you go into the game with a human opponent to see who gets the highest score, only on multi option ofc
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
well, i think that's all. please star if you like it
ChicagoTed
I think if executed properly, this could be really entertaining. Just like an Arcade mode is supposed to be, it would make me feel competitive against my friends again. Have some stars, hope to see this do well.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
to incentive play, each mode should have the matching difficulties and beatmaps designed specifically for each diff. Example, Taiko: Kantan, Futsuu, Muzukashii, Oni and Ura Oni. Mania: 4k, 5k, 6k, 7k and 8k. i guess CTB and osu! will have the default diff names
piruchan

Trash Boat wrote:

i think that somebody challenging you in the middle of your game may be annoying here in osu!, so you'll be able to play a multi after clearing the map(the game will tell you when a player entered your lobby). what do you think?
Won't that give the player who just entered a lower score?

Example : (A=lobby owner, B=player who just entered the lobby)

A : Pass map number three, six more maps to go
B : Start from map number four, haven't played map 1, 2, and 3.

Trash Boat wrote:

C + C + C + B + A + B + D + S + A + B = B

99+98+97+96+95+94+93+92+91+90=95
Therefore the new player score (accuracy) will be 0+0+0+what he/she gets from map 4-10 divided by 10.
Considering that the two players are of equal skill (hence giving almost similar accuracy), B will get a lower score than A.
But I guess it can be fixed with this, new player score will be averaged(divided) by the number of maps he/she played in that set.
In this case giving B : 0+0+0+what he/she gets from map 4-10 divided by 7.

Also, you might want to consider when the lobby can be entered.
Let's say that there's a person who can't reach the boss of map set 1, but really wants to play the boss beatmap. He enters multiplayer and see there's a lobby in-progress playing map set 1 map number 9 and enter it. This will make him wait until others finished playing map number 9 and he will join in only to "fight" the boss. I don't know about you but I think this is a little ...... unfair.

Btw, I support the idea, but I don't have any stars :(.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
piruchan, the arcade mode and the lobby request are 2 separate different things. you can customize the settings of the lobby at your will, like the song you are going to play, the mods, etc. and you will be able to access the lobby when you finish the song. about the player ranking and accuracy average, that is still not finished yet. its just an example, somebody else must improve it
[ Pingu ]
Yes pleaseee~
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i guess this mode will feature an unique skin, but that's up to the man to decide it
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
well, i guess that's it. comment and star if you like it
Razor Sharp
So to say. I is a great idea! But what about mods? Should it be like, when you have done the easiest diff with HD, you can do Normal with HD? and so on? and if you want to do harder diffs with mods, you need to do the easier diffs with those mods?

Anyway, i love the whole idea of this :D
Bara-
Awesome idea!!
I wish i had some more stars >.<
jomarixa808
I like this. I personally don't like having mods locked though.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
if i haven't announced this before, i will now. everything is subject to changes
Gemini1121
Are you unhappy with what peppy has done? Are you suggesting a mission mode to replace solo mode, Or are you hoping to get a adventure mode as a addition?

Either way this was nearly my second idea. Going for scores isn't my thing, but sometimes I like to play for leveling up. I can't say I see these forums too much either. But I'm trying to change that.

I bet osu will get a lot of newbie attention if this idea gets done. People who love music go to osu. But the only difference is, I haven't truly found love in music. that's why I'm never on.

When I have a open forum though, That's when I'm on. (And not before).

I talk to much, I gotta address that too, LOL.
Kaeru
I like this idea too. This would have to be just for fun though and not give pp, though I really like the idea of themed sets and a score board for those who complete them. The lives system wouldn't work unless you mean they would start from the beginning of the song they failed and not the set, and even then I can imagine people would probably just quit and restart the set if they lost a life. Instead of this, I think a good penalty for failing would be either:

1. Have it like multiplayer where failing causes the screen to go gray but you can still recover. While in this state, however, you can't gain any points.

2. Fail the set (you can choose to put NF on a song at the beginning anyways if you know you can't pass that particular song, as long as you have the option to change mods between songs).

This sounds like it would be a fun mode for challenges though.
Mofu kun
This can Also add more achievements to the game.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
good point. and to gemini, i just want to spice it a little bit
[ Tsumiki ]
Well! I like it! Very good idea!~ :D
Nether
Very clever idea that you've presented here, personally I'd love to see a feature like this in osu!.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
of course it will be available offline too
- Kensley -
This idea is very awesome!
D e s
YESSS Mission

Im supporter but I dont have star lol. I dont know how to obtain star

Um... take my invi star
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
bump
AYhaz
Sweet! There should also be something with the player panels in osu!Bancho, like, instead of "Playing <songname> [Diff]", there should be something like "Playing Arcade Set A - Stage 1" if we consider that there would be official sets for Arcade mode.

Also, considering unlockable stuff, please don't make it unnecessarily long and hard to simply unlock things like mods; hell, you should be able to play every mods from the start in my opinion, this should be the basic.

For the achievements, there could be an achievement for clearing Set A with HR/DT/HD/HDHR and such, or more specific achievements related to unlocking stuff (likely Steam achievements).

Even without these changes listed above I would greatly enjoy this mode and so would the people who voted for it.
Here, have +10 Stars.
Omio9999
This can also serve as a way to allow osu! to hit PC-gaming stores as a "hardware trial" as well as a way to give some publicity to osu!, all the while giving new users just a taste of some of the osu! action.

The only problem I can see is extra pressure being slapped on this for the mappers and such. It adds just that much more effort, because I already see people crying about how much work storyboarding is. But, at the same time, if more places begin using osu! as a means of showing hardware's capabilities, then supposed "arcade packs" are definitely going to show some of osu!'s best works, and osu! as a whole gets shown with a lovely amount of publicity. Maybe this'll draw some revenue too?

So, high possibility to create win-win situations. Who knows? This may show up in places like Anime North 2015 if implemented.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
that could work, but... pc-gaming stores?
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
bump
lovehina99

Omio9999 wrote:

This can also serve as a way to allow osu! to hit PC-gaming stores as a "hardware trial" as well as a way to give some publicity to osu!, all the while giving new users just a taste of some of the osu! action.

The only problem I can see is extra pressure being slapped on this for the mappers and such. It adds just that much more effort, because I already see people crying about how much work storyboarding is. But, at the same time, if more places begin using osu! as a means of showing hardware's capabilities, then supposed "arcade packs" are definitely going to show some of osu!'s best works, and osu! as a whole gets shown with a lovely amount of publicity. Maybe this'll draw some revenue too?

So, high possibility to create win-win situations. Who knows? This may show up in places like Anime North 2015 if implemented.
NO. keep osu free
lovehina99
BTW we should keep single mode andadd arcade mode along with it ya know?
Lin-Kun
This is a pretty interesting idea..! We can have things like... Nightcore Pack 1 or Hardcore Pack 1 (etc etc) that you can download at the beatmap packs area! That's an interesting way to play!
Syphist
This sounds like a lot of fun that would add diversity and challenge to the game, which is good for a game like osu. You have my support.
RichJoker
And add a background story for pippi and Yuzu. Using Beatmap Packs seems to be a viable option for this imo.
Thinking about this idea again, it's possible for some limited time-only stages/tournaments to be added.
+1 star from me.
show more