forum

How do I know if I'm ready for 4* beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YvngxBari
I mostly get 90% + for 3* maps but on some I get 89% and below but I've beaten 4* beatmaps already.
aceticke
That's your decision! Star rating is a good basic metric, but is by no means the only one. Maps vary and some maps can be harder than others with a lower star rating, and players also vary in their skillsets. Someone might find a 4* jump map easy but struggle with a 4* tech map. If you're passing 4*s, then who's to say you're not ready. :)
Topic Starter
YvngxBari

aceticke wrote:

That's your decision! Star rating is a good basic metric, but is by no means the only one. Maps vary and some maps can be harder than others with a lower star rating, and players also vary in their skillsets. Someone might find a 4* jump map easy but struggle with a 4* tech map. If you're passing 4*s, then who's to say you're not ready. :)
Well i suck at jacks and spam maps and others as well so i don't think im ready yet but i can do 3* maps perfectly fine
aceticke
I've moved this to the osu!mania subforum so you might be able to get more detailed advice. 👌
Topic Starter
YvngxBari
how do i check it
aceticke
No need, the post here is in the correct place now. If you want to check out other posts in the mania subforum, you can find it here.
Topic Starter
YvngxBari
thank you
midgy
mania values accuracy more than the other game modes, you want to be playing stuff you can at least get an S rank on (95%+) getting 90% tells me that you are struggling with the map a lot
if you mean hp pass 4* then you can for sure, the mania hp system is quite lackluster and easy to mash your way through
but as long as you're having fun playing then that's all that really matters
[TCD] Dzar03
Osu mania SR system is just relatively, sometime you can S a 4* map but not be able to pass a 3* map
If you want to play constant 4* maps well (getting S rank or above) you should push the SR more, S rank more 3.5* - 3.7* maps. Don't be afraid to play high SR map but also don't try too hard if you feel the map it's still early for you
Topic Starter
YvngxBari

midgy wrote:

mania values accuracy more than the other game modes, you want to be playing stuff you can at least get an S rank on (95%+) getting 90% tells me that you are struggling with the map a lot
if you mean hp pass 4* then you can for sure, the mania hp system is quite lackluster and easy to mash your way through
but as long as you're having fun playing then that's all that really matters
no i can regularly do 4* maps but get a C rank or B rank