forum

[Archived] Cursor Delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
valocookie
This is legit my last hope of resolving this, have looked through the forum trying to find a way to fix this, no matter what i try the delay is still there.

The Issue
My cursor seems fine when I'm in song select, the issue appears once i open any map, i can feel the cursor being slightly delayed if the map doesn't have any sliders at the start, BUT if a map does have sliders, my cursor is super delayed even on jumps. I don't know if this is a software issue, or is it regarding me updating to windows 11, previously when i was on windows 10 with the same setup i didn't have any issues, the problem began as soon as i upgraded to the latest version of windows 11. I have tried multiple tablet drivers, "devocub, 0.1.5, wacom drivers, opentabletdrivers, no matter what i use, the delay is still there making it unplayable. The only thing that somewhat fixed it was "fixmypen" which after alt tabbing a few times brought the delay back, tried multiple filters on opentabletdriver to hopefully resolve it, but it did not.

The specs are these if it matters at all
CPU - 8700k
GPU - 3060ti
Tablet - Wacom CTL-472

Also my pc has Virtualization turned off by default, i don't know if that could cause it, but im not a pc guy and am not willing to risk going into bios. If anyone has ever come across this issue please let me know if you found a fix.

Let me know if you need a video for it, have tried recording it multiple times, but its not as visible on recording as it is when playing and using the tablet.

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
SinlessVX
do you have the same issue when using your mouse?
and also do you get input delay spikes? (bottom right)
Topic Starter
valocookie

SinlessVX wrote:

do you have the same issue when using your mouse?
and also do you get input delay spikes? (bottom right)
no, when playing mouse there is no delay.
regarding the delay spikes, on the client it looks fine
https://imgur.com/a/e6FW9jL
SinlessVX
well the only thing i can think of from your post is windows 11 (which idk why you'd upgrade to in the first place xD) but if you say everything was fine before you upgraded that is probably the culprit..

when i tried using my tablet on windows 7 in school it just wouldn't work at all..
Topic Starter
valocookie

SinlessVX wrote:

well the only thing i can think of from your post is windows 11 (which idk why you'd upgrade to in the first place xD) but if you say everything was fine before you upgraded that is probably the culprit..

when i tried using my tablet on windows 7 in school it just wouldn't work at all..
the thing is i have tried going back to windows 10, but its either a placebo effect on my end, or having secure boot and TPM enabled is the issue, which idk why it would be like that, guess im out of luck then
BlueChinchompa
Try making sure windows ink is off.
SinlessVX

BlueChinchompa wrote:

if you have windows ink on you can't even use the tablet
Topic Starter
valocookie

BlueChinchompa wrote:

windows ink is off on every driver i try to use, even on the wacom tablet driver it didnt make a difference, went into windows pen settings to disable everything there, yet found no difference in it, the delay was still there