forum

[Archived] When Will My Old Lazer Scores Show In Highscores?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShatafaSensei
I've played lazer for the past few months and set a lot of high scores there.
They only show on my lazer.ppy.sh highscores, not osu.ppy.sh.
osu.ppy.sh only has my classic scores.

Will my 1-12 month old lazer scores eventually show in my osu.ppy.sh high scores (aka. Best Performance)?
Will they affect my total pp at some point?
Or are these scores going to be ignored forever?
- Marco -
lazer scores got resetted for the pp update, so you'll have to redo it again.
Topic Starter
ShatafaSensei
Why not just recalculate the previously stored plays with whatever new algorithm they currently use, like pp reworks?
chromb

ShatafaSensei wrote:

Why not just recalculate the previously stored plays with whatever new algorithm they currently use, like pp reworks?
in the past lazer didn't have anticheat.
Topic Starter
ShatafaSensei
why have pp^next though as if these scores will affect the pp at some point, if the plan was to throw them away anyway?
tsunyoku
This was made pretty clear in multiple places during the process. pp^next, lazer.ppy.sh etc. existed as a way for people to play lazer but the warning of leaderboard resets was always there (and still is). Even if we disregard anticheat, many game-breaking changes have happened in lazer since many of the scores set on lazer.ppy.sh which means it would make for unfair leaderboards to keep those scores around. They're not deleted, but rather not shown, and at some point they might decide to display a subset of those scores depending on what is seen as viable. PP has nothing to do with why these scores aren't displayed.