forum

Mapping in 48 hours

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PyaPaya
How much could a new mapper get done in around 48 hours of work?

How should I spend my time learning by watching tutorial videos vs. analyzing maps vs. making my own maps for practice? I want to make a quality map at the end of the 48 hours.
Ladoma
I think, try anime mapping style/basic pattern would do in 48 hours

First 24 hours you need to learn basic rythm and basic mapping then analysis the same style map.

Then second 24 hours you just map and applied your knowledge. Just map 1:30 minute length.

Just try map 1 diff, and then next time you need to learn spread diff from easy to insane.

But, because you 1st map just one diff, i dont think you can get mod for that.

To get mod, you need to fit by ranking criteria. (Diff spread and already hitsounded)

Dont push yourself too hard, learn it by your pace.

I dont recomend it doing it 24 straight, you need sleep, bro.
I AM VERY SMART
why 48 hours specifically?
bbbprooooo

Anaxii wrote:

because they only have 2 days?
i mean idk its their choice lol
(edit i realized that its almost been 48 hours sience last post but whatever sdkfkdfhksdhfkjsh)
I AM VERY SMART

bbbprooooo wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

because they only have 2 days?
i mean idk its their choice lol
(edit i realized that its almost been 48 hours sience last post but whatever sdkfkdfhksdhfkjsh)
now it's been like 4 days lol
Topic Starter
PyaPaya
WAIT I meant 48 hours in total

like 6 weeks 8 hours a week maybe

how much could I get done over that period of time?
lewski
you could get through a good few maps in that time, like 8h could very realistically be 1-4 maps depending on how long they are and how fast you map

if you put in 8h/week for 6 weeks I'd definitely expect to see your maps start to make sense, especially if you got feedback on them and analysed existing maps you like in addition to just mapping

there are a lot of variables, though, like learning speed, feedback quality, existing sense for what's cool, how well your first maps match your abilities as a player, etc; you won't get a concrete answer to your question because generalisation is hard and nobody knows any of these things about you (and I'd say you shouldn't trust anyone who claims to know for sure because they're obviously clueless)

personally I think you should just do it instead of faffing about on the forums ngl