forum

How do i get people to review my map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
real_BCMC
So i just make map about Digital Circus, which couple months ago. and already have enough hypes, trying to get BN, etc. And i just have question, how do i get people to review my map? do i need to ask modder or what? here's the map beatmapsets/2077330#osu/4420724
MrRainbowDoge
just ask a BN for their opinion
Jason X
Hello there,
you can use the Modding Queues to ask for feedback.
Also, you can use the in-game #modreqs channel or if you need a testplay ask in #mapping, #osu or the other mode related channels.
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Jason X wrote:

Hello there,
you can use the Modding Queues to ask for feedback.
Also, you can use the in-game #modreqs channel or if you need a testplay ask in #mapping, #osu or the other mode related channels.
ok
I AM VERY SMART

MrRainbowDoge wrote:

easier said than done... (unless you have a BN friend or something)
lewski
its literally not lol u can just send messages to people
I AM VERY SMART

lewski wrote:

but most of the time they don't respond
Peni

Anaxii wrote:

lewski wrote:

that doesn't stop you from asking them. tbh i don't usually ask bns just for feedback, so i can't really say how likely it is to get a response, but some bns explicitly mention that new mappers can ask for feedback on their me section (e.g. Malphs, KaedeharaKazuha and -White), so that would probably be a good place to start.
and even if they don't respond, there's no harm in asking.

but there are also several other ways to get people to look at your map. you can submit your map to modding queues like jason x mentioned before, or you could also join mapping discord servers and ask there.
I AM VERY SMART

Peni wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

lewski wrote:

that doesn't stop you from asking them. tbh i don't usually ask bns just for feedback, so i can't really say how likely it is to get a response, but some bns explicitly mention that new mappers can ask for feedback on their me section (e.g. Malphs, KaedeharaKazuha and -White), so that would probably be a good place to start.

but there are also several other ways to get people to look at your map. you can submit your map to modding queues like jason x mentioned before, or you could also join mapping discord servers and ask there.
alright alright thanks!!
Yoisaki Kanade

real_BCMC wrote:

So i just make map about Digital Circus, which couple months ago. and already have enough hypes, trying to get BN, etc. And i just have question, how do i get people to review my map? do i need to ask modder or what? here's the map beatmapsets/2077330#osu/4420724
You have a lot of unresolved mods that you should resolve before asking for more feedback
I AM VERY SMART

5pointrekt wrote:

real_BCMC wrote:

You have a lot of unresolved mods that you should resolve before asking for more feedback
yeah otherwise what's the point of asking for mods if you don't respond to them lol
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Anaxii wrote:

5pointrekt wrote:

real_BCMC wrote:

yeah otherwise what's the point of asking for mods if you don't respond to them lol
i did respond it lol. just some of mods didn't find it useful & confusing
Peni

real_BCMC wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

5pointrekt wrote:

real_BCMC wrote:

that's not how you're supposed to treat mods at all. first of all, even if you don't find the mods useful, you should still always respond to them. leaving them open and not responding signals the modder that you haven't even looked at it, which is a big "fuck you" to the modder, because they probably put time and effort into the mod.

second, if you don't think that a suggestion is useful, give a justification as to why you think that's the case. it's called "beatmap discussion" for a reason. don't just look at the mods as suggestions that you can either accept or decline, instead look at them in a "this modder has a concern about a certain aspect of the map, so let's try to get behind it and find out what's the best solution" kind of way. if you just say "no" or - even worse - you don't even respond at all, there's a pretty good chance you don't even understand the modder's perspective and why they think that a certain part of the map should be changed.

and pretty much the same thing applies when you're confused about a mod. don't just ignore it, ask the modder for clarification so you can understand the potential issue.
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Peni wrote:

real_BCMC wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

5pointrekt wrote:

real_BCMC wrote:

that's not how you're supposed to treat mods at all. first of all, even if you don't find the mods useful, you should still always respond to them. leaving them open and not responding signals the modder that you haven't even looked at it, which is a big "fuck you" to the modder, because they probably put time and effort into the mod.

second, if you don't think that a suggestion is useful, give a justification as to why you think that's the case. it's called "beatmap discussion" for a reason. don't just look at the mods as suggestions that you can either accept or decline, instead look at them in a "this modder has a concern about a certain aspect of the map, so let's try to get behind it and find out what's the best solution" kind of way. if you just say "no" or - even worse - you don't even respond at all, there's a pretty good chance you don't even understand the modder's perspective and why they think that a certain part of the map should be changed.

and pretty much the same thing applies when you're confused about a mod. don't just ignore it, ask the modder for clarification so you can understand the potential issue.
Ok i understand, thanks for the tips. and holy shit that was long
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Anaxii wrote:

Peni wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

lewski wrote:

alright alright thanks!!
yeah about that 3 bn/modder. i already contact them, but rejected me
Hinel
Don't you ask the same thing some weeks ago???
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Hinel wrote:

Don't you ask the same thing some weeks ago???
that was the time i asking how to know if my map rankable lol
dhuragin
Another place that you can look at is osumod.com. This is where people look for modders and Beatmap Nominators, and it is a pretty cool website, especially if you're looking to become a Beatmap Nominator and look for maps to mod!

A tip I have is to get mods before trying to get a map ranked. If you just uploaded a map and you immediately send it to a BN, its likely to be rejected. Always get mods first.
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

dhuragin wrote:

Another place that you can look at is osumod.com. This is where people look for modders and Beatmap Nominators, and it is a pretty cool website, especially if you're looking to become a Beatmap Nominator and look for maps to mod!

A tip I have is to get mods before trying to get a map ranked. If you just uploaded a map and you immediately send it to a BN, its likely to be rejected. Always get mods first.
i already checked BN. there's only 1 (or 2 if i remember) bn. and they gonna reject my map anyway. and i already find moddder tho. and i think it's rankable now
Krrish Bruh

real_BCMC wrote:

there's only 1 (or 2 if i remember) bn.
there like 40+ wiki/en/People/Beatmap_Nominators
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Krrish Bruh wrote:

real_BCMC wrote:

there's only 1 (or 2 if i remember) bn.
there like 40+ wiki/en/People/Beatmap_Nominators
I talking bout bn on osumod which there's only 1 or 2 open rn. But ok, i see what i can do with this site you gave me
Gsun
There are many mapping discord servers you can join to get ongoing, convinenent modding as well. Ones I would recommend are the Osu! Supporter Zone, Osu! Game, The Osu! Standard Mapping Support Hub, Osu Mapping Vatican City, Share's Mapping Lounge... Fair warning, most mapping servers out there are inactive or hard to access for whatever reason, so that's why I only recommended a few of them as far as I know here, but if these ones I don't mention help, then keep searching for more.
Supportive
+ Numerus cool lil mapping server :3
Peni

Gsun wrote:

There are many mapping discord servers you can join to get ongoing, convinenent modding as well. Ones I would recommend are the Osu! Supporter Zone, Osu! Game, The Osu! Standard Mapping Support Hub, Osu Mapping Vatican City, Share's Mapping Lounge... Fair warning, most mapping servers out there are inactive for whatever reason, so that's why I only recommended a few of them as far as I know here, but if these ones I don't mention help, then keep searching for more.
Don't forget about the best mapping server (numerus)
Arsalan
yes you can ask modders, but just make sure you are asking from people who knows what they are doing.
That brings a question, how do you get people that knows what they are doing to look at your maps?
Try to get involved with your local mapping community, try your luck when people who knows what they are doing are looking for mentees, check twitter or the seasonal community mentorship program (there will be an announcement on the homepage). You can keep mapping and hope you improve some day, but the best way to improve is having someone that can give you constructive feedbacks.

This is a more practical route you could take because no body uses modding queues or in game #modreqs, they are still around is because it's part of osu's legacy. In recent years you have to expand your social circle and know more people so you can increase your odds to have your maps checked, preferably you SHOULD only ask people who also share similar song interest compared to your song choice, no way you don't get donowalled if you send rap music or hyperpop to someone who only maps Japanese Visual Novel soundtracks, and will set a bad impression.
Gsun

Arsalan wrote:

yes you can ask modders, but just make sure you are asking from people who knows what they are doing.
That brings a question, how do you get people that knows what they are doing to look at your maps?
Try to get involved with your local mapping community, try your luck when people who knows what they are doing are looking for mentees, check twitter or the seasonal community mentorship program (there will be an announcement on the homepage). You can keep mapping and hope you improve some day, but the best way to improve is having someone that can give you constructive feedbacks.

This is a more practical route you could take because no body uses modding queues or in game #modreqs, they are still around is because it's part of osu's legacy. In recent years you have to expand your social circle and know more people so you can increase your odds to have your maps checked, preferably you SHOULD only ask people who also share similar song interest compared to your song choice, no way you don't get donowalled if you send rap music or hyperpop to someone who only maps Japanese Visual Novel soundtracks, and will set a bad impression.
I agree with a lot of this.
I AM VERY SMART

MrRainbowDoge wrote:

not only BN but mappers in general lol