forum

[invalid] Crazy idea I had for the editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Ph0X
I know this might sound crazy or even dumb, but it's just some idea i had. Just read it and say what you think.

So imagine if you could, while making a beatmap, put two or more beats at the same time, and give them probablities.
So i put two slides from 5sec to 10sec, and there would be 50% that when someone plays the first one comes, 50% that second one comes.

Can be done with a single beat, or with an entire combo.
To make it easier to make, we can have multiple timelines that you can switch between, and if you have beats on two, then it would be 50%, 3 would be 33%, etc. I'd say keeping it at 3 lines max would be better.

This could make beatmaps really hard and random. People would have to actually look and play on live instead of learning it by heart, ofcourse they can still learn everything but it would be way harder.

Again, this is just a crazy idea, most likely won't be done but just thought id share it :P
Torran
Sorta reminds me of the PaRappa the Rapper games for some reason...
anonymous_old
this just *might* be a good idea. Also, this could happen with 2 beats at the same time in Tag-multi, with one beat for a team, and other beat for the other team, but at the same time.
anonymous_old
Use different difficulties.

This would be VERY difficult to mod properly.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I find the idea interesting but I don't expect it to come to fruition.
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaManEXE
Too many mappers these days are lazy mappers and wouldn't even use this feature anyways since it's effectively doubling or tripling the work they do on a difficulty.

Not to mention the concept completely shits on FL users.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

MegaManEXE wrote:

Too many mappers these days are lazy mappers and wouldn't even use this feature anyways since it's effectively doubling or tripling the work they do on a difficulty.

Well, it would mostly be copy pasting with rotating/flipping combos in different positions, it would be slightly longer, but not that much. I admit though it would be too hard to implement compared to the use it will actually have. But your argument isn't really strong since even know the editor has ALOT of features that arn't even used by most mappers.

Also, sry i'm not very familiar with the terms, FL?
varq
Rather not have this, because I do not want a random element involved in playing beatmaps. That, and it just sounds messy.
Derekku
Kitsunemimi
Sleep Powder
No. :?
Gemi
It's an interesting and fun idea, but I think it wouldn't be a good addition to t.he game
Zekira
Or at least triggered events such as score at this certain point as to when the map switches *totally not referencing Taiko's chart switching*
Lissette
did you thought about the spacing? this would be a problem since all the options that could appear have to be well spaced....
i mean you'll need to put the 2 or 3 options of beats well spaced with the previous and the next options of beats of the 2 or 3 time-lines, this would be very hard to map @.@

if this is implemented and ppl map considering the spacing the options wouldn't be very different after all the work that would cost mapping this

hope u can understand me >.<
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Lissette wrote:

did you thought about the spacing? this would be a problem since all the options that could appear have to be well spaced....
i mean you'll need to put the 2 or 3 options of beats well spaced with the previous and the next options of beats of the 2 or 3 time-lines, this would be very hard to map @.@

if this is implemented and ppl map considering the spacing the options wouldn't be very different after all the work that would cost mapping this

hope u can understand me >.<

Hmm, youre right. It would be pretty limiting but you can somehow either have one going to the left and another to the right then the next one comes back to the middle, and like I said, you can have two complete combos instead of a single beat, so each combo would go a direction and finally meet at the same place at the end.

Again, I didn't give much thought about this yet, I just had the idea random, and even if it's something that will most likely never happen, I still found it interesting.
Wojjan
This would never works with distance snap. If the note before and after are already in place, there are only two possible spots you can place beats and maintain the DS.
Luneko
This is Crazy~~~ o.O
mrtn
Topic Starter
Ph0X
machol30
... perhaps having the ability to add or remove timelines? This seems like a pretty neat idea, actually. It could be easier to switch between combos in TAG even? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy_CYN1ya3c. This also gives me ideas for a cool way to play/map for TAG.

I also really like Zekira's perspective: having triggers that switch between two timelines. For example, if your passing the map up to a certain point, you remain on that same timeline. If you're failing at that point, you switch to a different one.
... but what are other examples of triggers?
Rokodo

Zekira wrote:

Or at least triggered events such as score at this certain point as to when the map switches *totally not referencing Taiko's chart switching*
What he said.
mekadon_old

Rokodo [RL] wrote:

Zekira wrote:

What he said.
Me too. btw you mean advanced notes and master notes like that?
Shinde

MegaManEXE wrote:

It's interesting I'll give you that, but I don't see it happening. Having to memorize probabilities while playing a song would be frustrating, and make FL nigh impossible in some cases. It'd add another layer of blargh to modding and ranking, and I think most mappers wouldn't utilize this feature. I think it could be used in some approved maps, like TAG ones, but that's about it. Spacing and FCs and replays and everything would be thrown out of whack by this. (Not to mention peppy would have to code all this, and I'm sure that wouldn't be a walk in the park so far as new features go.)

-1 Support
Jarby
Sounds like fun if it were properly implemented, but it would screw up the high scores in its current form.