forum

trouble reading low AR

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
riunosk
i have this really odd experience of always overdashing on low AR but i find anything above AR9.7 and i can gauge the gaps between notes perfectly well

i can't consistently fc or play anything below 4* because of this and maps above 6* in general feel much more natural to me even though i usually get D and C ranks on them

due to that i end up completely neglecting low stars and having basically zero consistency, shitmissing on the easiest notes while being able to hit much harder patterns
Nikolai
lol
I CAN FC
play convert
CatzerTM
Personally wouldn't get too worked up about, it's something that is bound to happen as your level of play increases whereas players (including myself) tend to begin prioritizing harder and harder often higher ar maps in favor of easier low ar maps as at that point most of the framework would have been established so there is little incentive to go back unless there is something in your playstyle is objectively hurting your performance.

Again it's not an issue I think is worth stressing over but if you wish to become more comfortable with low ar then I recommend taking things slow and start from scratch by practicing more salad/platter difficulties to readjust to that speed. However it's important to know it is likely not going to become comfortable to play overnight and may time get used to it so don't worry too much about it.

perhaps try balancing faster and slower maps once you have properly adjusted to avoid further scenarios like this again.
HelpMePleasee
yeah, it's much easier to play on high ar that's just a normal thing, IMO you shouldn't be too worried about that since you'll make more confidence the more you play and at some point, if you try and learn low ar, you'll end up getting used to the lower ar's.
Topic Starter
riunosk
i see, very helpful responses
thank