forum

[resolved] Unranked maps (Graveyard, Loved) download as a 0 byte file from the website.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlobBuilds
Problem details: Osu will reject the file, claiming it is corrupted or missing. Upon launch, the osu stable client will also claim that files have been modified while the game was closed. Problem persists upon logging into the same account on an incognito browser.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/6QJGp6t

osu! version: Stable 20240102.2 (latest)
mqwilliamscom
When I moved my large af beatmap folder from one drive to another, it corrupted some files the same way yours did. The way I fixed it was this:

1. going into the osu Songs folder
2. looking for the 0 byte corrupted files
3. deleting it from there.
4. reinstall the beatmap via osu direct or however you did it before.

If you can't find it in the Songs folder, occasionally it'll be in a subfolder in Songs called Failed. You can look in there as well.
Topic Starter
BlobBuilds
It doesn't look like an issue with the osu! client, moreso a problem with either my account or my google chrome. The maps themselves are downloading as 0 byte size files (see the image for details). Also, it seems like some unranked maps are able to be downloaded but the majority of them are broken for me, even before osu is doing anything. Chrome is not auto-opening these .osz files either, so I suspect it might be some issue with my account. This only started happening this morning.
mqwilliamscom
ALL maps are downloading at 0 bytes, even ones you've never had? Have you tried deleting in-folder and reinstalling the songs like I said?
Topic Starter
BlobBuilds
Not all maps, most ranked maps download as intended. Many of the maps downloading at 0 bytes are maps I previously had years ago on another device and have never downloaded before on this hardware. I've tried deleting in-folder every map i've downloaded in the past 3 days, however the issue still persists.
mqwilliamscom
Hmm, odd. Have you looked in the Failed folder as well? Perhaps try Death's suggestion: community/forums/topics/876736?n=1

Usually 0 byte / corrupted files are caused by this which is easily remediable. (ctrl + f: The beatmap is corrupted! What should I do?) These problems usually stem from some anomaly in your Songs folder.

If all else fails, try searching THEN reporting it to the Github or try emailing staff directly (maybe it is an account error).
Topic Starter
BlobBuilds
Thanks for the help, I'll try it out and email staff if it doesn't fix it.
mqwilliamscom
Wilco. Glad to be of assistance if any. If you're still getting issues feel free to DM me. I'll see what I can Google up for ya.
Konomi
i had the same problem earlier today when trying to download a map via the website. it seems a bunch of others are experiencing it too

edit: so turns out its only happening for people in australia, wtf
Ryu Sei
Is it possible that the nearest CDN from your region acting weird that gives you 0-byte file? Try using VPN and see if it works. I don't have any issue.
BlueChinchompa
Maybe you can try a beatmap mirror like chimu.moe in the mean time and see if that works.
Konomi
using a vpn (connected outside of australia) works, and beatmap mirrors work
Gamurai
I'm having the same problem aswell!!!!!!!! ;-; pleek fix soon
ThePooN
Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting!
Gamurai

ThePooN wrote:

Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting!
Yaaaaa, it works nowwwww Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! Was about to uninstall osu, w my 35k maps ;-;