1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests

This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
posted

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

when there are loads of tied scores in a song.
Shouldn't happen in an ideal world.
Happens quite a lot on songs that have no spinners, and especially on easy diff levels that have are easy to 100%. (also, why would the ideal world not have so many ties? that would mean that people sucked at the game)
posted

Rolled wrote:

Person who achieved the score first should be number 1, and any other people who tie the score should descend on the list. I like the way it is now.
This takes away the possibility for a new player to rank 1st on a particular song, and I find this unfair.

Gemi wrote:

I agree, the names should be listed in the order of when the score was received. However, I think it would make more sense to show the position number as the same for all of the tied players, ie. if there are a few players tied to spot 3 then all of them are shown as player rank #3. This is especially important when the scores don't fit on the same page of the in-game scoreboard when there are loads of tied scores in a song.
Yes.
posted
Happens all the time in CtB.
posted

Gemi wrote:

Happens quite a lot on songs that have no spinners, and especially on easy diff levels that have are easy to 100%. (also, why would the ideal world not have so many ties? that would mean that people sucked at the game)
That's the problem: easy songs should have spinners so ties don't happen as much.
posted
Like said above this happens more than enough in ctb/taiko (where spinners don't really matter) so I could understand why people want this implemented.
But considering both the website ranking and ingame ranking needs to be changed separately this will likely not happen.(too much effort for such a small feature)
posted

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

That's the problem: easy songs should have spinners so ties don't happen as much.
What's bad about ties?

Also, spinners are stupid. ;P Tbh I think that the maximum score of a song in a rhythm game should be able to be determined somehow, and with spinners that is not possible.
posted

Gemi wrote:

Also, spinners are stupid. ;P Tbh I think that the maximum score of a song in a rhythm game should be able to be determined somehow, and with spinners that is not possible.
It is possible if you spin as fast as auto play!!! :P

But that is not the point. Point is, tie = ftw
posted
Support
posted
Support. It should be done.
posted
Support.
It'd be nice to see them as a tie, clicking it and having an option which replay to see. For instance Rolled and Cyclone are both #1. Clicking their score and having this next option: >View Replay 1. >View Replay 2. >Song Select.
I do like to see replays in Osu! so it'd be nice if there are 5 players with the same score (Kokoro [Al-Azif MiX]) and having an option seeing more players around the #30-#40 which without the tie they should be #40-#60.
And in multiplayer too! It happends when 5 people SS to the first break and everyone's aligned by the order of their first letter of their nicknames. :<
posted
sup port :P