forum

Tie score

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
I don't know if someone suggested this before but...

Well, there are ocassions in which people get the same score as the first player, but remains 2d in rank.

Make it a tie? Show both players with rank 1?

Getting the same score even if you played it later doesn't mean you have to be 2d right?

I'm guessing that this would have to be applied the other ranks as well.
Torran
Wait, you can't get ties in multiplayer? Support!
anonymous_old
I think peppy wants it this way.
Rolled
Person who achieved the score first should be number 1, and any other people who tie the score should descend on the list. I like the way it is now.
Gemi

Rolled wrote:

Person who achieved the score first should be number 1, and any other people who tie the score should descend on the list. I like the way it is now.
I agree, the names should be listed in the order of when the score was received. However, I think it would make more sense to show the position number as the same for all of the tied players, ie. if there are a few players tied to spot 3 then all of them are shown as player rank #3. This is especially important when the scores don't fit on the same page of the in-game scoreboard when there are loads of tied scores in a song.
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

when there are loads of tied scores in a song.
Shouldn't happen in an ideal world.
Gemi

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

when there are loads of tied scores in a song.
Shouldn't happen in an ideal world.
Happens quite a lot on songs that have no spinners, and especially on easy diff levels that have are easy to 100%. (also, why would the ideal world not have so many ties? that would mean that people sucked at the game)
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Rolled wrote:

This takes away the possibility for a new player to rank 1st on a particular song, and I find this unfair.

Gemi wrote:

I agree, the names should be listed in the order of when the score was received. However, I think it would make more sense to show the position number as the same for all of the tied players, ie. if there are a few players tied to spot 3 then all of them are shown as player rank #3. This is especially important when the scores don't fit on the same page of the in-game scoreboard when there are loads of tied scores in a song.
Yes.
Kitsunemimi
Happens all the time in CtB.
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

Happens quite a lot on songs that have no spinners, and especially on easy diff levels that have are easy to 100%. (also, why would the ideal world not have so many ties? that would mean that people sucked at the game)
That's the problem: easy songs should have spinners so ties don't happen as much.
Gopice
Like said above this happens more than enough in ctb/taiko (where spinners don't really matter) so I could understand why people want this implemented.
But considering both the website ranking and ingame ranking needs to be changed separately this will likely not happen.(too much effort for such a small feature)
Gemi

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

That's the problem: easy songs should have spinners so ties don't happen as much.
What's bad about ties?

Also, spinners are stupid. ;P Tbh I think that the maximum score of a song in a rhythm game should be able to be determined somehow, and with spinners that is not possible.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Gemi wrote:

Also, spinners are stupid. ;P Tbh I think that the maximum score of a song in a rhythm game should be able to be determined somehow, and with spinners that is not possible.
It is possible if you spin as fast as auto play!!! :P

But that is not the point. Point is, tie = ftw
Aoitenshi
Support
ShaggoN
Support. It should be done.
SecksyJennie
Support.
It'd be nice to see them as a tie, clicking it and having an option which replay to see. For instance Rolled and Cyclone are both #1. Clicking their score and having this next option: >View Replay 1. >View Replay 2. >Song Select.
I do like to see replays in Osu! so it'd be nice if there are 5 players with the same score (Kokoro [Al-Azif MiX]) and having an option seeing more players around the #30-#40 which without the tie they should be #40-#60.
And in multiplayer too! It happends when 5 people SS to the first break and everyone's aligned by the order of their first letter of their nicknames. :<
purplepizza_old
sup port :P