forum

[Archived] Too many tags

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bara-
Problem details:
The editor refuses to upload my map cause there are too many tags in the .osu file. It's a 32 minute marathon map with 60+ different songs, so I feel all the songs and vocalists should be in the tags. See below for the full list.

If someone can tell me the maximum characters so I can edit it, sure, but I feel this can be a problem for more people

The full list of tags:
Selicia sele seleP sele-P sleep MariexLuise LILIUM DOLL YANDELOID CONCEPTION Sanctuary ReLief Six Nights Secret land angel cry Elfina -Last Mix- Chloe Under of Fragments  Marie-Luise Forever Tears HEROINE Gothic Dance KANAE Amaryllis ALICE 2 ALICE THRIA Segments Blue Dear BJ December 9th Lience Ref-Rain CARLA Scarlet Rose Chloe -M×L BLOOD SIDE N.O.I.A Re;BIRTH LILIUM DOLL Remember me White Melody CHELLIS Blood Error ELLIE Elsa-Maria CHARLOTTE Kill me,Queen LILIUM DOLLS ALETHEA No,28 Beats of Silence SERINE Cecilie BETH Bright Snow Holy Night TIELLI LUNARIA EMIRIA UFENA -Lilium Mix- Luna : L.O.V.E side SHE's Ever my... Snow Marriage ReLief Re;2 CHERRY BLOSSOM BELHALA Tear for Dear F.A.L. Love Affaier PHILIA MYS ENCELADUS Seven Memories STORY TELLER Martina Reject Dietrich Chakky Chakky-P ChakkyCharizard Ace Darya Shion lorreinegeralde Feli Grichi RPMizu Aru Jane Lily Totoko Shirahane 白羽トト子 Sukone Tei 健音テイ Gahata Meiji 歌幡メイジ Sayu Yurika 揺歌サユ Hinomoto Oniko 日本鬼子 Ayane Ryoko Ruko Yokune 欲音ルコ Ooka Miko 櫻歌ミコ Sanako Marise Akai Nena Kasane Teto 重音テト Tohoku Kiritan 東北きりたん Tohoku Itako 東北イタコ Anna Nyui 暗鳴ニュイ Rishi Nijine 虹音リシ Sayu Yurika 揺歌サユ Ruko Yokune 欲音ルコ Nami Utaune 歌う音ナミ Hakupo Tsukishiro 月代はくぽ Stella Hoshine 星音ステラ Spark Angel スパーク・エンジェル Matsudappoiyo 松田っぽいよ Iris Libra アイリスリブラ Kaiserine Sympherianne カイザーリン ・ シンパリアン

Order of tags is -> Original artists, albums, song titles, the people who created the megamix, and the corresponding vocaloid and UTAUs whose voicebanks are used

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Error code: Error during upload. Data too long for column 'tags' at row 10
osu! version: Stable 20240102.2 (latest)
Blushing
If you have matching words like ALICE and ALICE 2, you dont have to use ALICE twice. As When someone searches Alice 2, Alice will be selected automatically. This applies to any of the words that you might use twice. Try going through and minimizing them from there.

My other thought is that you can upload the beatmap with the max tags right now and then when you go into the beatmap listing for your beatmap, update the online tags with the rest (for now).