forum

What BPM of stream is 'playable' for players?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gahjouyooj
For context, I'm trying to map a 230 bpm song, and there are parts where the song seems to support a 230 bpm 1/4 snap divisor stream. In the song already, I've mapped multiple short 1/4 divisor streams (Around 12-16 circles per stream, relatively spaced out), but this time, a deathstream at 1/4 divisor (around 35 seconds, just under 140 circles)

I'm not sure if it's alright to just stick it stream in the map because it's the best pattern (that I know of) that fits that section, because I don't think a deathstream at that bpm is playable.
[-Omni-]
i think it really depends on the star rating. like if you were making a 6 star for example, then it would need some buzzsliders ofc. but like if u did a 8 star for example, then no
lewski
most players cant play that

top players can play stuff thats way faster than that

everything depends on ur target audience

fwiw though a deathstream at 230 is gonna be a brutal stamina check compared to one-measure bursts so it narrows down the target audience of the map a lot, which is fine by itself, but if that isn't what you want, you'll need to consider breaking up the stream a bit
I AM VERY SMART
well, for "players" i think anything around 180bpm is good

i'm sure that 230bpm is a little bit too high for "players" lol
ezgi
200-240
I AM VERY SMART

ezgi wrote:

200-240
i can't do more than 220bpm
[-Omni-]

ezgi wrote:

200-240
180 is a mid bpm for streams so id say that
Jebus1

[-Omni-] wrote:

ezgi wrote:

200-240
180 is a mid bpm for streams so id say that
Idk, I find 180 too slow and I end up over streaming so, I think 200 is more mid-range
lewski
can we stop pretending u can find some kind of "mid bpm" for streams based on the preferences of the handful of people in this thread it's ridiculous

like I'm sorry but the past 5 messages are only marginally better than literal spam
[-Omni-]

lewski wrote:

can we stop pretending u can find some kind of "mid bpm" for streams based on the preferences of the handful of people in this thread it's ridiculous

like I'm sorry but the past 5 messages are only marginally better than literal spam
yea u arent wrong ig. as what jebus1 said, he thinks 200 is mid while i think its more like 170-180,
Jebus1

[-Omni-] wrote:

lewski wrote:

yea u arent wrong ig. as what jebus1 said, he thinks 200 is mid while i think its more like 170-180,
well, I mean what anyone finds "mid" another might not, as said in some of the first post, it depends on skill level, playstyle, etc. but if we think of osu as a collective whole, there is definitely an average bpm people find "mid-level"
this guy says it well
Peni

Jebus1 wrote:

well, I mean what anyone finds "mid" another might not, as said in some of the first post, it depends on skill level, playstyle, etc. but if we think of osu as a collective whole, there is definitely an average bpm people find "mid-level"
this guy says it well
there is an average bpm people find "mid", except it doesn't matter for this conversation at all because the average player is far away from even getting close to being able to play the map in question. there is exactly zero overlap between players with an average skill level and the target audience of this map.

lewski wrote:

everything depends on ur target audience

fwiw though a deathstream at 230 is gonna be a brutal stamina check compared to one-measure bursts so it narrows down the target audience of the map a lot, which is fine by itself, but if that isn't what you want, you'll need to consider breaking up the stream a bit
one thing i'd like to add to this is that it also largely depends on what the song is doing. if there's a giga intense section that demands a big increase in difficulty, then it can be appropriate. otherwise, it's probably better to split up the stream.
I AM VERY SMART

[-Omni-] wrote:

lewski wrote:

the true mid bpm doesn't exist then