forum

Opinion on Percy skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Satori
Hi, I've recently got struggled a lot to get better score on Fallen Symphony + HT, especially in those dense LN parts.

I decided to take a short break and watch some pro players playing that map. I've noticed that they used a certain skin that made their LN tail shorter thus making short LN patterns into rice patterns.

So I edit my skin into percy skin and decided to retry Fallen Symphony + HT, and got major score improvement just from cutting my LN tail shorter.

I was wondering is it considered a skin abuse/cheating to "manipulate" a certain hard pattern into an easy one by using a certain skin?

And because I've seen it as a common thing in the community, is it necessary to use percy skin to achieve higher leaderboard?
Wimpy Cursed
I mean I used percy. I wouldn't consider it a cheat, but rather just an easier way of looking at the LNs.
Though it is probably not a good way to learn LN.

I don't think it is necessary to use it for leaderboards either. Yeah, you're going to get better scores, but they might be scuffed. So I mean your ratio will be worse (at least in my experience), but you will still be getting better acc overall.
UltraBlack
This is a controversy theme in the mania scene and from my knowledge some people consider it as a cheat and some don't, it is "fixed" in lazer. If you have played with a normal skin since the beggiging then it may help you with long notes since they will look easier, now, if you started to play with percy since the beggining then it would be "the same thing" as playing long notes normally. I use percy on 7k since i started it because normal ln always make me hit later so it helps, looking for people that started with me and don't use percy they are better on long notes than me. I can play ln without percy anyways and yeah percy helped that. From my view just go for it if you want.