forum

[Archived] Star rating recalculation not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lefafel
Problem details:
A couple days after the star rating recalculation was initialized on osu!stable, my client appears to have given up on the process entirely and is now displaying exclusively old star ratings, or a star rating of 0 when I download new maps. I've tried to be patient since I have over 120,000 beatmaps downloaded, but the issue shows no signs of resolving itself.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Mapset in question, downloaded it today: beatmapsets/1896666#osu/4160156

Mapset in question, downloaded back in 2018: beatmapsets/788865#osu/1655643
(compare star ratings and you'll notice they do not match, my client shows old values)

osu! version: b20231219cuttingedge

I have already, to no effect:
switched between different release streams
forced a complete reprocessing of my map library
given the game a full 24h of undisrupted time to work through the supposed score recalculation.

I've not heard anyone else having this issue so I'm out of ideas for troubleshooting. Please help.
Death
Can you post the "runtime.log" file from your Logs folder?

If you don't know how to find it, please follow these steps.
Topic Starter
Lefafel
https://pastebin.com/y2ebwstp

Does seem to be at least trying to recalculate, and there are also a bunch of failed ones at the start. Is it maybe possible it eventually gets stuck on some broken map and never completes the process?

UPDATE:
I let the game run for several hours again until the recalc got stuck again, found the map that it got stuck on from that log file and deleted the mapset from my songs folder for now. Will see if this allows the recalc to finish.
Death
Yeah, that was my initial thought. If you had some absurdly high SR map, it could have been getting stuck on it. I'm guessing the map you deleted was something like that.

Now that it's gone, would be good to leave the game open again on the song selection screen and maybe check periodically to see if the latest beatmap ID in your log is still changing.
Topic Starter
Lefafel
I let the game run overnight and was pleased to find the recalculation seemingly completed this morning. It's still taking a suspiciously long time for newly downloaded maps to get their non-zero star ratings (up to 3 seconds per map), but I can certainly live with that for the time being.

The broken map was someone's notepad edited monstrosity designed to break the game from several years ago so I wasn't exactly surprised seeing it as the culprit. Thanks for your help, knowing that log file exists and documents things in such a plainly understandable format will be helpful in the future too I'm sure.

This thread can be archived as far as I'm concerned.
Blushing
Im just curious, what map(s) ID(s) did you remove, similar people might have the same maps and it might be beneficial to know which ones cause issues.
Topic Starter
Lefafel
It was in this set beatmapsets/592138#osu/1277075 but I don't have a way to check which map ID exactly it was, that log file overwrites itself every time the game is launched.