forum

hapi - THE MEDLEY OF POKEMON RGBY+GSC -3PBs-

posted
Total Posts
show more
Izzywing
Aw, that's unfortunate. Good luck with remapping, and don't give up! I'd love to see this map in the qualified section.
Battle
a lot of the charm from the map comes from the fact that it's from 2014 tho z
Mismagius
damn man... it's disheartening to see this ;_;

the map definitely has its 2013-14 styled charm, while it's not fit to today's standards i don't see how it's unrankable

and having you remap it entirely after so much trouble... damn dude, i'm just so sorry >:

good luck with this map, really
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Blue Dragon wrote:

damn man... it's disheartening to see this ;_;

the map definitely has its 2013-14 styled charm, while it's not fit to today's standards i don't see how it's unrankable

and having you remap it entirely after so much trouble... damn dude, i'm just so sorry >:

good luck with this map, really
It's not really unrankable, it's just that some patterns are random (circles / slider head don't follow emphasized beats) :/

Thanks anyway :3
Lunicia
D:

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Mazziv
riiip :(
Stefan
Don't worry guys, it will be back. :D
Zak
I don't want a remap though :( I want the original ranked
Kingkevin30

Zak wrote:

I don't want a remap though :( I want the original ranked
same here ;w;
Topic Starter
AruOtta
I won't have the time to search again for BNs so except if they notice the map by themselves, I don't think it'll be ranked for 1 year
(also I couldn't even find BNs when I had time)
Zak

Kenterz wrote:

I won't have the time to search again for BNs so except if they notice the map by themselves, I don't think it'll be ranked for 1 year
There's a list of every single BN here which also lists what modes they are for, maybe just check profiles to see who is too busy for requests due to exams or school and send requests to them one by one over time?

If I played standard I would mod this myself but I only play ctb so ;w; I'm really a fan of this map though and would love to see it get pushed through whenever it finally does.
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Zak wrote:

Kenterz wrote:

There's a list of every single BN here which also lists what modes they are for, maybe just check profiles to see who is too busy for requests due to exams or school and send requests to them one by one over time?
That's what I usually did, and it doesn't work \:D/
Mazziv
is it rip again? :(
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Mazziv wrote:

It has always been rip
(maybe it'll be Loved ?)
Khora
pls ;-;
Topic Starter
AruOtta
I really want to rank it :c

Help ;w;

EDIT : change AR9 to AR9.3 (better for the 240 part, and not a problem for slow parts imo)

For BNs : this map wasn't popped (by another BN), just updated (without change) so it still currently have these 2 bubbles. Just waiting for the fire icon
Zak
Someone rank this already holy shit
Bonsai
just in case you don't find anyone and wanna get it Loved after all: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/549835 ;)
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Bonsai wrote:

just in case you don't find anyone and wanna get it Loved after all: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/549835 ;)
Thanks xD

(I think this is a good alternative for people who can't rank their maps)
dong
Current Priority: +177 (0 maps higher on the list)

hnnng pleasepleaseplease this is a masterpiece
Khora
pleeease T.T
Spytes

Kenterz wrote:

Mazziv wrote:

It has always been rip
(maybe it'll be Loved ?)
Yeah, maybe go for loved. I just want a scoreboard
Seijiro
Spoiler: I haven't even downloaded the map yet, I just got a PM.

Seeing the comments above I just got the urge to say that going for loved after whatever effort you went through it's sort of a cheap shot.
Imo Loved category should be for maps with clear problems that go against RC. Making it a loved map where the only problem is "I can't find people" is a little lame if you ask me, but well... you have the SP and you have the favourites, so no one stops you.

With that aside...
I currently have like... 6 maps to check before yours, idk how long it will take and your map is also pretty long (which means even more time to check)

I promise I will take a look, but I do not promise an icon (in fact, I can always pop if something's particularly wrong :p).
I hope you'll be patient
Topic Starter
AruOtta

MrSergio wrote:

Spoiler: I haven't even downloaded the map yet, I just got a PM.

Seeing the comments above I just got the urge to say that going for loved after whatever effort you went through it's sort of a cheap shot.
Imo Loved category should be for maps with clear problems that go against RC. Making it a loved map where the only problem is "I can't find people" is a little lame if you ask me, but well... you have the SP and you have the favourites, so no one stops you.

With that aside...
I currently have like... 6 maps to check before yours, idk how long it will take and your map is also pretty long (which means even more time to check)

I promise I will take a look, but I do not promise an icon (in fact, I can always pop if something's particularly wrong :p).
I hope you'll be patient
Thank you.
I thought that Loved would be kind of symbolic for this map, but still, being approved is better (the lack of motivation wanted to makes me think otherwise)

(and I'll be patient. I've still been since the upload 3 years ago ;3)
jonathanlfj
sorry I had Chinese New Year stuff to do so didnt have time to look at this

I guess we can start from #1 again?
fieryrage
wait is the ctb score issue not an issue anymore
Zak

fieryrage wrote:

wait is the ctb score issue not an issue anymore
The song was cut so it's no longer an issue
Nysrogh
Go Go!!
yiyoooou
wwwwww
Bonsai
Hey there! Don't be scared of the icon, I am going to rebubble this as soon as you've replied to these few points - I've changed my mind about this map, it should have been ranked years ago and just had bad luck, I'm really sorry for almost killing it a few months ago, please forgive me 🙈 Anyways, I ignored stuff I would usually mod and only pointed out a few issues which I find to be unrankable in their current state, but they should be easily fixable:
  1. 10:45:073 (2,3,4,5) - This is the only combo in the map that really threw me off when playing, and even in the editor I can't quite get my head around it. The rhythm of (3,4,5) is extremely counterintuitive to play and doesn't really fit to the song, because that brzzz-noise is already starting again at 10:45:473 - (and probably ending at 10:45:673 -), so I would find it really great if you changed the beat-placement here so you can let the second buzz-slider start there.
    Right now, the spacing of these objects is rather confusing / not helping the already hard to understand rhythm, and you are also not leaving any buffer between the buzz-sliders and the following objects which makes it very likely to break combo here (which I did ;_;) - Here's a guideline from the soon-to-be-amended RC-draft about this, I strongly urge you to at least remove the last reverse from those two buzz-sliders, regardless of whether you change the rhythm of this combo or not.
  2. The timing-transitions that are coming up at the section at 09:54:807 are partially extremely off, have some wrong timing-signatures and should all be halved in BPM too (none of this affects nomod-gameplay but there's a bunch of other reasons to time it properly in order to ensure rankability), so here's a proper timing for this:
    code of red lines for this section
    (Yes, the first of these sections is two beats later in order to have correct timing signature, as you can hear now the 'melody' is changing pitch on the start of every measure, and it also aligns with the first of the heavy beats at 10:09:473 and everything else from there on)
  3. While we're at timing, I'd also raise the BPM of the section at 13:51:921 to 170, and add a new section at 13:52:626 with 174,5 BPM, this way it aligns perfectly with the following section and the quiet notes in-between.
  4. Just something minor for the SB in case you would agree and could fix it easily: The flashes at 20:54:439 and 21:15:772 kinda killed the mood for me a bit because they are so strong, in my opinion that doesn't fit in this very calm ending section (I actually got goosebumps in the break prior to this section =w=) so I would suggest to make it a bit smoother, weaker.. But that's just my opinion, if you disagree with this I'm totally fine with it ^^
And that's it from my side! I do have to pop jonathan's bubble since timing-changes have to be made and I'd call that buzz-slider-thing rather unrankable too, but as soon as those things have been addressed I'll be glad to rebubble! <3
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Bonsai wrote:

Hey there! Don't be scared of the icon, I am going to rebubble this as soon as you've replied to these few points - I've changed my mind about this map, it should have been ranked years ago and just had bad luck (no I'm just so bad at ranking xD), I'm really sorry for almost killing it a few months ago, please forgive me 🙈 Anyways, I ignored stuff I would usually mod and only pointed out a few issues which I find to be unrankable in their current state, but they should be easily fixable:
  1. 10:45:073 (2,3,4,5) - This is the only combo in the map that really threw me off when playing, and even in the editor I can't quite get my head around it. The rhythm of (3,4,5) is extremely counterintuitive to play and doesn't really fit to the song, because that brzzz-noise is already starting again at 10:45:473 - (and probably ending at 10:45:673 -), so I would find it really great if you changed the beat-placement here so you can let the second buzz-slider start there.
    Right now, the spacing of these objects is rather confusing / not helping the already hard to understand rhythm, and you are also not leaving any buffer between the buzz-sliders and the following objects which makes it very likely to break combo here (which I did ;_;) - Here's a guideline from the soon-to-be-amended RC-draft about this, I strongly urge you to at least remove the last reverse from those two buzz-sliders, regardless of whether you change the rhythm of this combo or not.
  2. The timing-transitions that are coming up at the section at 09:54:807 are partially extremely off, have some wrong timing-signatures and should all be halved in BPM too (none of this affects nomod-gameplay but there's a bunch of other reasons to time it properly in order to ensure rankability), so here's a proper timing for this:
    code of red lines for this section
    (Yes, the first of these sections is two beats later in order to have correct timing signature, as you can hear now the 'melody' is changing pitch on the start of every measure, and it also aligns with the first of the heavy beats at 10:09:473 and everything else from there on)
  3. While we're at timing, I'd also raise the BPM of the section at 13:51:921 to 170, and add a new section at 13:52:626 with 174,5 BPM, this way it aligns perfectly with the following section and the quiet notes in-between.
  4. Just something minor for the SB in case you would agree and could fix it easily: The flashes at 20:54:439 and 21:15:772 kinda killed the mood for me a bit because they are so strong, in my opinion that doesn't fit in this very calm ending section (I actually got goosebumps in the break prior to this section =w=) so I would suggest to make it a bit smoother, weaker.. But that's just my opinion, if you disagree with this I'm totally fine with it ^^
And that's it from my side! I do have to pop jonathan's bubble since timing-changes have to be made and I'd call that buzz-slider-thing rather unrankable too, but as soon as those things have been addressed I'll be glad to rebubble! <3
Thank you so much <333

Everything fixed !
Bonsai
I actually love how the map now ends with a Hall of Fame-theme <3
Everything has been applied and rechecked, so this should be good to go (again!) :D

lending you a Helping Hand ;^)
Lunicia
please please please please let this get ranked
Izzywing
hypetrain has left the station
Cosmolade

Lunicia wrote:

please please please please let this get ranked
Topic Starter
AruOtta
I hope I'll rank it in 2 days, then it'll exactly have 3 years old
Bonsai

Kenterz wrote:

but then the ranked-date will be seven days too late :(
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Bonsai wrote:

Kenterz wrote:

but then the ranked-date will be seven days too late :(
Damn :c
Then let's wait 1 more year :D (NO)
Bonsai

Kenterz wrote:

(NO)
Topic Starter
AruOtta

Bonsai wrote:

Kenterz wrote:

(NO)
let the bass kick

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit : reference to the long rainbow final stream that died with the mp3 cut. rip
show more