forum

[osu!mania] Various Artists - Best of JOKE 1 & 2 by Sparxe

posted
Total Posts

Should Various Artists - Best of JOKE 1 & 2 be Loved?

Yes
92.86%
No
7.14%
Total votes: 126
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Paturages
Main thread: [osu!mania] Project Loved: December 2023

Various Artists - Best of JOKE 1 & 2 by Sparxe, Erkfir, HowToPlayLN, Jaye, Paturages, and r1chyy
145 – 290 BPM, 6:06 | 2.94★ – 5.76★
The [Meta] difficulty is not being nominated for Loved.

Captain's description (by Paturages):
Okay, hear me out.

1K is not just meme vibro. You're not supposed to hammer that space bar with just one finger. You've got the entire length to use your other hand, your other fingers, and actually perform alternate hits with both of your hands! Some people even use 4 fingers (or more!) for really fast streams! In that sense, 1K is sort of closer to osu!taiko than osu!mania, funnily enough. So I guess this is a bonus osu!taiko pick!

Anyways, Jaye's One Key Event (JOKE) is a series of tournaments spearheaded by Jaye. It currently features 3 editions (1, 2, 3) and features, you guessed it, actual competitive 1K. Right at the inception of JOKE1, as a participant myself back then, the attendance pattern was incredibly interesting. The tournament caught the eye of osu!taiko players, as their skillsets transferred over to this key mode very well (except for long notes). Of course, Jaye being a top osu!taiko player also helped represent this osu!taiko presence. osu!mania 4K players were also interested in trying 1K out, as 1K, as strange as it looks, is still an osu!mania key mode. Oddly enough, even players from the main osu! game mode were signing in, albeit their skill transfer is a bit more subtle, but since you do have to have keyboard tapping skills to click the circles, it is still there!

As I am writing this, the third edition of JOKE is coming to its last phase: Grand Finals. And with Grand Finals, another original song: 1KONOS. While JOKE3 hasn't had the time to qualify for it, this map pack features the best of JOKE1 and JOKE2, as voted by the 1K community. It features a mixture of many kinds of maps of varying difficulty, and even includes some SVs! We hope that this map pack encourages more people to try out this key mode from the basics, and gets people to compete on the hardest entries... including 1KARUGA, the final boss of JOKE2, which hasn't yet been FCed to my knowledge.

What started from a "joke" is now a fully fledged tournament series with professional standards. Even as a passing curiosity, 1K is pretty fascinating in a global rhythm gaming context and deserves some visibility and recognition. Do give it a go, and a vote in the thread!

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
DealerOfMelons
1K (1 key) (use all 1 fingers)
Adri
Time to stretch that finger
-Kori
@[LS]Ham @[LS]Ham @[LS]Ham @[LS]Ham @[LS]Ham @[LS]Ham
Konomi
1k ranked when
Hugged
1 key (use all 1 fingers)
Jaye
A JOKE so funny it still hits after the third time.
Klarion
Holy based
Sydosys
guys please let us have this nobody will let us rank it so this is all we got
xBomb72
GOGOGOGOGOGO 1K
Akira Morilas
ONE KEY
Don't know to be frank
Why I like the mode with no maps to rank
Keep that in mind at the loving's cusp
That They made three whole cups
That's all I know
In rhythm games, the maps are the key
Even in graveyard, not a lot to things
On first glance sure, but then you see
Much of it filled
With meta diffs

Didn't look out below
For a DIY controller bought the Pi Pico
Both DP and EZ modes, my mind says LETS GO
But the schematics have still not been drawn
Still didn't pick springs or the buttons
Nor the wood
for the box
I'm not even close

As I mash space key
I now see
I'm not ordering
How I wish to be distraction free

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
I don't know why I like it
My fingers cold
Besides the thumbs
But in the end
I don't know why I like it
Topic Starter
Paturages
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.