forum

Jaye's One Key Event (JOKE) [FINISHED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jaye

Welcome to Jaye's One Key Event (JOKE), a 1v1 1Key Mania tournament hosted by Jaye (Drum Decimator)!
The tournament has now concluded; thanks to everyone who joined in!

Podium:

1st: Jakads
2nd: Blerargh
3rd: Brasil
4th: SillyFangirl
5th/6th: Sparxe & AlvaroYL

Schedule:

Please check for information on the tournament schedule regularly.
  1. 12th-24th Jun (12:00): Registrations Phase
  2. 25th-3rd Jul: Screening Phase + Prepare your body honestly 'cause this will not be easy
  3. 4th Jul (12:00): Qualifiers Pool Announced
  4. 11th-12th Jul: Qualifying Round
  5. 18th-19th Jul: Round of 64
  6. 25th-26th Jul: Round of 32
  7. 1st-2nd Aug: Round of 16
  8. 8th-9th Aug: Quarter Finals
  9. 15-16th Aug: Semi Finals
  10. 22nd-23rd Aug: Finals

Prizes:

1st Place: $405AUD + Winner Badge (I hope)
2nd Place: $225AUD
3rd Place: $126AUD
4th Place: $90AUD
5th/6th Place: $27AUD

Tournament Staff:

Event Organisation: Jaye.
Map Makers: Erkfir, Jaye, and I suppose both Hydria and juankristal made a map.
Referees: Akali393394, Albionthegreat, anim shnacc, Cactie, Drecksackblase, E-M-i, Erkfir, Foxeru, GDLenny, ill onion, Logan636, MatthewBubbles, Sayira, sonniet, StartAndSelect.
Streamer: ill onion, Sayira, T o u c h e.
Graphic Design: Likelihood.
Commentators: - Abby -, Beat43210, Paturages, r1chyy, spamblock, Sparxe.
Statistician: Mestro.

Links:

Participants:

Registered Users
  1. 1103
  2. _Riley
  3. - ease -
  4. -Isla-
  5. [GS]Antunder
  6. [GS]Croniken
  7. [GS]Teo
  8. [Zeth]
  9. 2fast4you98
  10. A secret
  11. Adri
  12. AlvaroYL
  13. AmateurMonkeyYT
  14. Ammy
  15. animexamera
  16. arpia97
  17. BirdElPollo
  18. Blerargh
  19. BossPlays
  20. Brames
  21. Brasil
  22. Bubbleman
  23. capsafangirl
  24. Cat-man
  25. ccaamm112
  26. ChromaBlast
  27. Coryn
  28. Cryolien
  29. danny-xdd
  30. DannyPX
  31. Delete
  32. Doomsday
  33. Ethaaaan
  34. Gato2499
  35. GromOFanAniS
  36. Halo-
  37. Harvey
  38. Haryume
  39. HD_AdreNaline
  40. helios44
  41. Hipnois
  42. I-Flame
  43. jackylam5
  44. Jakads
  45. Kaionacho
  46. ketiduran
  47. Konohana Lucia
  48. Leebs
  49. LelPop
  50. Likelihood
  51. Lime717
  52. lolmeep1
  53. LordAverage
  54. malletmandan
  55. Malox
  56. MyAngelRanko
  57. NightNarumi
  58. NutAndGo
  59. Panda_0ne
  60. Paturages
  61. PingLaw
  62. prebert123
  63. Pythia
  64. r1chyy
  65. Random-02
  66. RayRaivern
  67. RivenXLukario
  68. s2kings
  69. Sadcat
  70. send yuri pics
  71. SillyFangirl
  72. Skull Kid
  73. spamblock
  74. Sparxe
  75. SsparnniF
  76. Teezel
  77. Tekkito
  78. TristanM
  79. w1ll
  80. whats this owo
  81. xChose
  82. XzVx
  83. Yona
  84. Young Alpha
Please note: Participant list contains those that made it past the Screening Phase.

Mappools:

Rules:

Tournament Rules
  1. Jaye's One Key Event (JOKE) is a 1v1 tournament; you're on your own out there!
  2. Beatmap scoring is based on ScoreV2.
  3. The maps for each round will be announced during a live showcase once all matches for a round have concluded (otherwise, it will be announced in the Discord). Only the announced maps will be used during the respective matches.
  4. The tournament is free mod: players are free to use either Hidden, Fade-In, Flashlight, Mirror (lol), or NoMod.
  5. Failed scores do not count to the end result; in the event that both players fail, the higher scoring player will claim one point.
  6. If the map ends in a draw: The first draw - the map will be replayed. The second draw - the map will be nullified, no point(s) will be awarded, and the selector of the map may freely choose another map.
  7. If a player disconnects, they are treated as if they failed. Map aborting for a "false start" is up to the referee's discretion (and will likely take place if a disconnect occurs within the first 30 seconds of a map).
  8. Warmups are limited to 1Key Mania maps or 1Key Standard converts.
  9. The usual osu! rules apply; therefore, macroing/double-binding/and the likes, is strictly prohibited. If you want to be 100% safe, please just use one key (I mean, that is the entire point of the tournament).
  10. Don't be a douche to other players or members of staff; referees have permission to punish in accordance to your actions.
Tournament Registration
  1. A registration form can be found above (under Links) and also in our Discord server (also under Links).
  2. Participants are required to both complete the form and be a member of our Discord server. This is for identification/legitimacy of registration purposes and for convenience in posting updates about the tournament. If the registration form is filled out and the user is not present in the server when the Screening Phase concludes they will automatically be withdrawn from the registrant list.
  3. There are no restrictions for entry: any rank, any mode, any country is allowed. Please note that osu! tournament staff hold the right to reject your entry (likely in the event of breaking community rules).
Stage Instructions
  1. The first weekend will be the "Qualifiers". All participants will be assigned to a multiplayer lobby at a specified time. All participants will then play through the Qualifiers mappool, followed by a 10-15 minute break, and then through the Qualifiers mappool for a second time.
  2. The bracket stage (following Qualifiers) is Double Elimination; the tournament will begin with a Split pool (meaning qualifying participants ranked 33-64 will be initially placed in Loser Bracket). This decision was made to knockout some weaker players earlier on (as this tournament is quite hard).
  3. The winning condition for each stage is as follows:
    >Qualifiers - achieve a sum of best scores within the top 64 players
    >Round of 64 - First to 4 (best of 7)
    >Round of 32 - First to 5 (best of 9)
    >Round of 16 - First to 5 (best of 9)
    >Quarter Finals - First to 6 (best of 11)
    >Semi Finals - First to 6 (best of 11)
    >Finals - First to 7 (best of 13)
Match Instructions
  1. A referee will create a multiplayer room approx. 10 minutes in advance. Players must gather during this period.
    >Room settings are osu!mania, Win Condition: ScoreV2. Room name must be "JOKE: Lobby #" for Qualifying Round, and "JOKE: (Player 1) vs (Player 2)" for every other round.
  2. Players will forcibly forfeit should they fail to show up 10 minutes after the allotted time.
  3. Excluding Qualifiers, each player is free to select 1 warmup per match, which may not be longer than 5 minutes.
  4. Each player must ban one beatmap selected from the pool. These beatmaps are not allowed to be picked by any player during the match.
  5. Each player must use "!roll" in #multiplayer.
    >The winner of which will be allowed first pick of the pool.
    >The loser of which will be allowed first ban of the pool.
  6. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker map must be played.
Mappool Instructions
  1. There will be one mappool for each round (as stated above).
  2. Mappools do not contain mod categories, but are instead aimed at meeting certain mapping-styled criteria. These include: Rice, LN, Stream, Hybrid, Speed, Tech, and SV.
  3. The size of the mappool will increase by 2 when the win condition calls for it so (see Stage Instructions).
  4. The mappools will be uploaded by Jaye after the showcase concludes. The pool will be a multi-song mapset available on the osu!website (in the case of Round of 32 and onwards, the pool will be two multi-song mapsets).
Scheduling Instructions
  1. Each stage will be held on a single weekend.
  2. Scheduling will be handled by the staff team Jaye; match times will be based on those provided during the Registration Phase.
  3. Reschedules will only be considered if involved parties are all at an agreeance (minus Qualifiers, in which case, you are free to pick a lobby time that you wish to enter, provided there is lobby space to accommodate for you).
  4. Reschedules are 100% accepted so long as they are at least 48hours before the first scheduled match of the round; any later and staff have the right to reject.
REMINDER: All times presented here and on the statistics sheet are in accordance with GMT (UTC+0). Please adjust yourself accordingly.
arpia97
First.
You are awesome for doing this
pmriva
praise the lord dajayeway
E-M-i
Sparxe
k
spamblock
Ok lesgo
_Seth
time to int another tourny
SevenEnd7
cheese
Molly Sandera
All maps are one key? Does this mean i have to singletap? Oh well, at least i can make my right hand go BRRRRRRR while my left hand becomes strictly full alt
(I know it's mania). My real question is if this is region restricted or not
Topic Starter
Jaye

Molly Sandera wrote:

My real question is if this is region restricted or not
Please see Tournament Registration section:
There are no restrictions for entry: any rank, any mode, any country is allowed. Please note that osu! tournament staff hold the right to reject your entry (likely in the event of breaking community rules).
PingLaw
aw ye
StartAndSelect
GG well played Jakads