forum

[resolved] Beatmap preview not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quinten
Problem details:
I'm having trouble getting the audio to play on my beatmap preview on the website. From what I've gathered from other forum threads, the issue might be because my MP3 file is actually an AAC.

To get the audio I needed, I used an app to download/convert it from a YouTube video since I couldn't find a good existing download, and there's no existing mapset with the right audio. I thought it was as simple as ticking the MP3 box... but here I am.

Question:
Am I missing something obvious, or could the app be causing the issue? Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated. I have waited 24 hours since changing the mp3 and it hasn't updated yet.
Can anyone tell me here or in DM's how to do it correctly and what program/website works for them?

Screenshot:

The map in question: beatmapsets/2105308#osu/4418182

osu! version: Stable 20231219.2 (latest)
- Marco -
Can you upload the beatmap somewhere and share the link so we can check what is happening?
Jason X

Quinten wrote:

Just letting you know: I can hear audio on the preview (web browser), and it does line up with the preview point in-game.
Might've been the server not updating the preview point (as it only refreshes every couple of days)
Topic Starter
Quinten

Jason X wrote:

Quinten wrote:

Just letting you know: I can hear audio on the preview (web browser), and it does line up with the preview point in-game.
Might've been the server not updating the preview point (as it only refreshes every couple of days)
I actually hear the preview on Edge, but not on the Chrome browser. It's also only happening for that mapset.

What kind of magic is going on here? Why is it not loading for me on Chrome though.
Death
Works for me on Chrome. What version are you on?
Topic Starter
Quinten

Death wrote:

Works for me on Chrome. What version are you on?
I was on version 120.0.6099.129. After realizing that it worked on Edge, I promptly reset my cookies on Chrome, and that resolved the issue. Thanks for the letting me know you guys could hear the preview just fine.