forum

catch with controller ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
angel in danger
so I tried playing catch with a controller as a joke
and to my surprise i felt much more comfortable with it than with keyboard
should I continue with this playstyle or return to keyboard ?
Nikolai
no
Hydreigon
nope
CatzerTM
If you find it more fun and intuitive to use then I or really anyone can't really take that away from you. realistically it would probably be more ideal to switch back at higher levels of play if you're serious about getting good due to the extra strain it might potentially cause as well other issues like latency like could pop from playing controller but your choice.
BlueChinchompa
Play whatever is more comfortable to you. Only concern is higher level maps and whatever delay you could get (I think thats only if you use bluetooth)
Edgar_Figaro
As long as you aren't using the analog sticks I don't see this as a big deal. If you are trying to move left-right with the sticks that would give considerably delay on your inputs as you need to flick back to the other side which I would not recommend.
Topic Starter
angel in danger

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

As long as you aren't using the analog sticks I don't see this as a big deal.
well shit i am literally using the left stick for moving 😭😭😭
Edgar_Figaro
Yeah I wouldn’t recommend that as many patterns like rapid back-forths or wiggles on higher level maps you need to be able to change direction almost immediately. The problem with using the stick is there is a tiny delay in direction change which might make these type of patterns not doable.
Hydreigon
and your still new to ctb, its really best to learn on using keyboard now than later on, even if it may feel uncomfortable at first, you will eventually get used to the keyboard and start to play better with it and be able to FC harder maps.
HelpMePleasee
I'd say play whatever feels comfortable, tho, playing with a keyboard will have a very bad impact on your speed so keep that in mind.