forum

Which Anime is good, but The Fandom/Fanbase is utter Toxic in your oppinion and reasons

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS
For me, BNHA. for Ships, and Cringy thing they do in the internet
I AM VERY SMART
By far My Hero Academia

It's all because of tiktok
Jangsoodlor
FMAB I guess
I AM VERY SMART

Jangsoodlor wrote:

FMAB I guess
there are only kids in this fanbase i feel like
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

Jangsoodlor wrote:

FMAB I guess
for, review bombing?
I AM VERY SMART

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

FMAB I guess
for, review bombing?
what is that?
Patatitta
bold of you to assume any of the anime I like has fandoms

Anaxii wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

FMAB I guess
for, review bombing?
what is that?
1- you can google/you're lying as you perfectly know what review bombing is

2- review bombing isn't really only a FMAB thing tho, I feel that when oshi no ko got #1, it was more counter-culture of "woah anime I don't like being #1" than "FMAB not #1 i'm pissed". People who just didn't like oshi no ko dislike for the show just got amplified and radicalized the more people defended that anime. Hype is justa really dangerous overall. And, oshi no ko didn't even fall because review bombs, it fell because the anime just didn't live to the unrealistic hype episode 1 caused
I AM VERY SMART
there are real human beings who dislike a show just because it's popular...?
Reyalp51
all of them
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

come on you've been on the internet for more than 2 days, dont act that innocent
Nuuskamuikkunen

Anaxii wrote:

It's way more common than you think.
There's people that dislike people who dislike popular shows too.
Rizumu Tenshi

Anaxii wrote:

Popularity is one side of the coin, the other side is the toxicity it comes with.

That's why I evaded Oshi no Ko by all means. (I actually dislike YOASOBI, as a disclaimer.)
Jangsoodlor

Anaxii wrote:

Ah Comrade, have you heard about the site called MyAnimeList?
UPR

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Popularity is one side of the coin, the other side is the toxicity it comes with.

That's why I evaded Oshi no Ko by all means. (I actually dislike YOASOBI, as a disclaimer.)
Woah my man, I never thought I would see another YOASOBI disliked. It's good to see another one
Jangsoodlor

UPR wrote:

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Woah my man, I never thought I would see another YOASOBI disliked. It's good to see another one
what has yoasobi done to u guys?
UPR

Jangsoodlor wrote:

UPR wrote:

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Just don't really like there music, only really like one song and its a song that is very underrated compared to all their popular songs
Rizumu Tenshi

Jangsoodlor wrote:

UPR wrote:

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

To me, if you listened to one of their songs, you listened to all of them, and I'm not a J-Pop guy. In fact I don't like J-Pop. (Pop in general, actually.)

I'm rather a rhythm game diehard (not to swear) who's seeking something actually exciting but also not filled with a toxic fanbase or whatever, be it anime or game or whatever. I haven't been watching anime lately, though; last thing I stopped at was Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta.
I AM VERY SMART

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

UPR wrote:

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

To me, if you listened to one of their songs, you listened to all of them, and I'm not a J-Pop guy. In fact I don't like J-Pop. (Pop in general, actually.)

I'm rather a rhythm game diehard (not to swear) who's seeking something actually exciting but also not filled with a toxic fanbase or whatever, be it anime or game or whatever. I haven't been watching anime lately, though; last thing I stopped at was Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta.
ofc if you don't like J-Pop in general, you won't like YOASOBI...
Ymir

Reyalp51 wrote:

all of them
This. The more mainstream something becomes, the more toxic it gets.
Hydreigon

Reyalp51 wrote:

all of them
like every anime fandom, usually the more popular one’s, would always have a weird and toxic side
Patatitta
okay but saying all of them is like not fun at all like actually go say an actual anime, let's have some drama, some action you know

for me, half of the things I read don't have fandoms, but i'm not the biggest fan of the bocchi the rock fandom, not because it's toxic, but what it represents. Bocchi is a regular ass slice of life with a bit of unique animation that due to it being released in the age of hype it blew up so much that it went OUTSIDE of the SoL fandom, and due to that, I feel it's being criticized and praised a lot for things that are standard in the genre, and if you have only seen bocchi the rock, you're going to engage in that disscussion, which is one of the worst disscussiosn you can have on the internet
Reyalp51
I just dont like fandoms in general you know, i was invested in the undertale fandom when i was 13 and that shit is so bad i just stay away from super popular things. Thats why i havent seen shit about digital circus, skibidi toilet memes, and stuff. Fandoms fuck a lot of the things i love
UPR
Me looking a funny memes for something to then see the most horrendously made doujin known to man (mind you le funny, so don't start on fanworks cause istg)
mrninja410
MHA to be honest, I mean, the TikTok content surronding MHA is utterly horrid.
I AM VERY SMART

mrninja410 wrote:

MHA to be honest, I mean, the TikTok content surronding MHA is utterly horrid.
MHA is a good anime, but the fandom is just... ewwwww
Neigdoig
Of all the stuff I had seen, I think the most toxic I had seen from that was High School DxD, and I think it was over some of the female leads. Rias, Akeno, Asia, Koneko, Xenovia and Irina probably come to mind.
bbbprooooo
personally i think the Pokémon fanbase is kinda weird (come at me I'm ready)
I AM VERY SMART

bbbprooooo wrote:

ngl the pokemon fanbase is EXTREMELY BIG so there are great but also weird people
lostsilver

Anaxii wrote:

bbbprooooo wrote:

ngl the pokemon fanbase is EXTREMELY BIG so there are great but also weird people
im in the pokemon fanbase, but i aint weird
but idk if i really count bc i like the creepypasta side of the pokemon fanbase
I AM VERY SMART

lostsilver wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

bbbprooooo wrote:

there are a lot of pokefans who like the creepypasta side of the pokemon fanbase so you're fine!
lostsilver

Anaxii wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

bbbprooooo wrote:

there are a lot of pokefans who like the creepypasta side of the pokemon fanbase so you're fine!
yay!! :33
I AM VERY SMART
Attack of Titan fandom scares me a bit