forum

question for 7k players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HeavenlyFaith
Which hand do you use to press the spacebar when playing 7k
Left thumb or right thumb?

cuz i saw so many ppl was playing with right thumb, but i'm playing with left, and idk does this affect the game in any way or smthing else

just interesting which thumb you use :p
UltraBlack
preference, it does not affect anything once you can use mirror if needed
Yokomi
Went you playing mania in 7Keys i recomend you to play with a midi controller like Piano or Guitar
Topic Starter
HeavenlyFaith

Yokomi wrote:

Went you playing mania in 7Keys i recomend you to play with a midi controller like Piano or Guitar
Thanks! That's should help
UltraBlack
Don't do that lmao
Stickman92
7k with my left thumb, while being right-handed. As for why, i don't have a clue.
DealerOfMelons
It has zero effect on the game which thumb you use. I use right thumb because I'm right handed, but a big reason why I see people use left thumb is because playing other games has you use WASD and spacebar to jump with left hand.
hito_san_old

Yokomi wrote:

how did you setup the midi controller?

first attempt was with glovepie and it's working ok but curious if there are other alternatives..
netzoid
I use right thumb but it really doesn't matter what thumb you use. btw do not do the midi controller thing, the keys don't feel as good as membrane or mechanical keyboards, also imo it feels really weird
yellowbadbeast

Yokomi wrote:

Don't... do that?
Piano keyboards have much heavier keys, and the polling rate and latency are likely to be pretty bad...
Stickman92

yellowbadbeast wrote:

Yokomi wrote:

Don't... do that?
Piano keyboards have much heavier keys, and the polling rate and latency are likely to be pretty bad...
I think the midi keyboard suggestion was just a joke.
Entropy21
not actually related but, if you also have trouble using your ring fingers for 7k, i recommend to play 4k with the ring fingers a little bit just to feel and ease the transition into 7k, i dont really know if it helps but i'll just leave it here
iShanoa

Entropy21 wrote:

not actually related but, if you also have trouble using your ring fingers for 7k, i recommend to play 4k with the ring fingers a little bit just to feel and ease the transition into 7k, i dont really know if it helps but i'll just leave it here
This is what I do lol. I use my middle and ring fingers (especially on my left hand) when playing 4k to develop some muscles because I keep losing my tapping strength mid-game.