forum

Looking for advice for improvement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Paya283
I noticed that 80% of my maps and 100% of my top plays are speed maps above 220 BPM and if I play any map below 200, my accuracy and combo will suffer bc of it

Also I can‘t really read complex patterns and FC longer maps (3min+)

I‘m a KKDD player, so for example a DDDD or DDDKD I would single tap if it´s a slowish map because when I alternate I would hit every note way to early

So what should I do to improve in all aspects instead of just speed?

Thank you for reading :>
mayoneeze
I don't think you can get better at a skill set without practicing it although you probably know that already. I guess you have to relearn to play slower maps through playing more, right? I don't think there's any trick to it but the HR mod does help me play maps that feel sluggish as it makes the notes appear faster. My accuracy does drop while using it but I take it as accuracy practice as that's the skill set I struggle the most with but you can't improve without practice.
Mayomi
Yup unfortunately you just gotta play slower and longer maps even if you suck at first, no way around it. I tend to play exclusively speed for like weeks straight until my acc and consistency are in the gutter, and then when I get annoyed at how bad I am I have to force myself down a star and play slow stuff to undo my bad habits, and every single time it's a massive pain in the ass but I've been doing this for months and I literally never learn lol

If you're on Windows, you could try this guide for removing audio latency. It'll take a while to get used to and you'll be constantly hitting early at first, but it should help your acc in the long run. I just discovered this yesterday and the difference is honestly astounding, completely blew my mind and I wish it didn't take me 8 months to find this qwq