forum

[Archived] Osu! Uninstalled and cannot re-install

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NathanChaser404
So just a few days ago i was playing osu with no issues, and just recently (as of 24/11) was just about to play some beatmaps i downloaded and i found out that out of nowhere, the .exe of osu and reinstall osu dissapeared out of nowhere/dont work anymore (see pic 1 & 2 below)

after that, when i start to search in my pc, somehow the full folder of osu still appears but as mentioned, the .exe and the repair osu file are missing or dont work at all and are prompted to remove because they have been moved or deleted (see pic 2 below)

and when i try to reinstall osu to see if anything happens, i am prompted this windows 10 thing of "this program is not secure" and stuff that i have select if i want to install it or not, if i click the button to install it just does nothing and the installer of osu does not appear nor the windows security thing does not dissapear or react (pic 3 below)

so i would really need some assistance to check first what happened and what i can do next so i can properly install osu again

_-----------------------
idk how to add links or similar, second time posting on the forum so here are the links of literally the images extracted from discord because idk how to upload them

Pic 1 Picture 1

Pic 2 Picture 2
translation to Eng: problem with the shortcut - the element "Osu!.exe" moved or changed that is reference to this shortcut, hence why the shortcut does not work properly - do you want to remove the shortcut?

Pic 3 Picture 3
Translation to Eng: The program you are trying to install is not tested by microsoft - the instalation of apps that come from the Store help protecting your device and that works properly - obtain from store - install anyway
Blushing
Seems like your antivirus thought that osu! is a virus(this is not the case). You can try seeing if you can turn off your antivirus and redownload osu!.exe that way (or it might allow you to open the .exe if you still have it on your computer).

BE WARY THAT THIS CAN PUT YOUR COMPUTER AT RISK AND YOU SHOULD ONLY DOWNLOAD/OPEN THE SITES TO GET TO OSU!
Domco
That is very weird, do you have all Windows updates installed? We don't see Microsoft flagging osu! file like that for other users.
Topic Starter
NathanChaser404

Blushing wrote:

Seems like your antivirus thought that osu! is a virus(this is not the case). You can try seeing if you can turn off your antivirus and redownload osu!.exe that way (or it might allow you to open the .exe if you still have it on your computer).

BE WARY THAT THIS CAN PUT YOUR COMPUTER AT RISK AND YOU SHOULD ONLY DOWNLOAD/OPEN THE SITES TO GET TO OSU!
Yeah its very but very strange, the thing is that when i installed osu a few years ago, i was usin McAfee antivirus and right now (due to many issues related to performance) i only use windows defender, checking further i was not able to find the .exe not even by searching it manually, might try it once i have some free time

Domco wrote:

That is very weird, do you have all Windows updates installed? We don't see Microsoft flagging osu! file like that for other users.
Yes i do have all the recent updates i believe, because i am not prompted to update anything once i check the windows updates on my system settings and so on

if anything i would like to mention that if i take some time to answer, its because i barely have any time after work and try to keep an eye on this forum once i come back