forum

Osu! for non players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SuperAzeee
Today trying to get pass Adult's Toy I started asking me, how normal people(i mean those who no play osu!) see this map(and others fast maps), like I mean how fast, how insanely impossible they see it.

Cause for me it's fast but I alredy get used to see fast beats flashing at the screen.
Rilke
Well I showed Mythologia's End to one of my classmates and he told me I have to be mentally ill to be able to make it through even halfway. (I can actually only do it halfway)

So yeah, there you have it. They must be thinking we're a group of psychos.
Ichi
Yes they see us like freaks lol, anyway think about it. Even us osu players see maps like freedom dive or big black and think the same.... yet when you reach that level it is a different perspective....
Autism-kun
Play osu while talking about starcraft and the best way to reactor hellion expand into BF marauder all in with SCV pull for maximum confusion power.
For them you'll be some kind of mad man who clicks circles faster than they can see them appear, while speaking a weird and nonsensical language.
MMzz
You could show someone a regular insane tv size map and they will still be shocked. They know nothing about the game so they think most things are impossible. (especially if you play mouse or something.)
Tanzklaue

MMzz wrote:

You could show someone a regular insane tv size map and they will still be shocked. They know nothing about the game so they think most things are impossible. (especially if you play mouse or something.)
i can confirm this, you don't even need to be good to impress the averagely interested person. being able to fc hards is enough mostly. when you can pass/fc insanes you are a walking god.
Navizel
More like non-rhythm gamers in general. I'm playing Cytus at school and they were impressed by my combo and saying hax fingers. I'm not even playing the hardest charts. In case of osu!, I tried playing Big Black and Against Gilgamesh taiko and I did bad but they were still calling me pro like wtf
Oinari-sama
My friends all seem to be more impressed with streams rather than jumps.

I played Yuujou Pop myself then showed them rrtyui's Airman replay, lol and behold... their comments were like "I don't see how the 2nd play is more impressive than the first" pffff
Shivarion

Ichi wrote:

Yes they see us like freaks lol, anyway think about it. Even us osu players see maps like freedom dive or big black and think the same.... yet when you reach that level it is a different perspective....
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Xyrax Alaria
Even before I picked up Osu! I was always into rhythm games and before I downloaded it I was watching videos online of other people playing and I was blown away by how amazing and how fast this game was.

Needless to say nothing has changed.
Weed
my friends sister freaked out when he was playing hards

also i was playing a 222bpm streamy map when my dad walked in lo and behold he thought i was asian
beeboy123
My friends think im some kind of god at this game. I don't tell them I suck because I enjoy not being shit at everything.
DestinySonata
For me, they just stare at the screen when I'm playing. They don't say anything, just stare.
uzzi

beeboy123 wrote:

My friends think im some kind of god at this game. I don't tell them I suck because I enjoy not being shit at everything.
Same case with me! Except then they talk about my rank and how I'm supposedly the best in the city and all that jazz. Better just play something like Image Material and show them how much I REALLY suck.
Kurogamii
they laugh at me when i failed at [Another] diff, but when i pass hard diff using hidden + hardrock, they face looks like *pokerface* and then i heard some people chattering behind me "wtf how he do that", "wtf he can click small and disappearing circles" etc.