forum

[Archived] How to install osu! On MacBook Pro MacOs Sonoma 14.1.1?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NickTyler
Problem details: recently changed my laptop and want to install osu on it, I followed the full instruction by Technocoder and downloaded both the latest version and osu agent. Scanned it, repaired etc. I also followed the instruction on the help wiki as well.

When the osu agent finished scanning, there are two errors: Quarantine attribute present (wrapper) and Quarantine attribute present (bundle). And when i click "repair" it appeared that it failed.
i tried using the command that the help wiki provided: xattr -c 'Desktop/osu!.app'
and restart the agent and repaired it, it said that it is fixed, and after that, no more errors founded.

According to the instruction, next step was open the osu! After double-clicking the icon, and after about 5-7 seconds, a black screen popped off with texts like (check out the image)

but then the black screen dissapeared, and nothing happened after that.

I tried multiple times and it is all the same results, so i want to ask, Is this file not compatible for my mac? Which file should I download or what commands can make it work?
Will be really appreciated if someone can help.

https://imgur.com/a/zZPuikz

(ignore the mature notice)
MikangodJP
Can't you use osu lazer?
Topic Starter
NickTyler

MikangodJP wrote:

Can't you use osu lazer?
Osu lazer is install-able, but I can't gain performance points. I already contact osu support, and they say it is impossible to install osu stable on Sonoma. Only osu lazer.
I guess I'll have to wait until lazer replace stable.
Fat Fish Pete
try this, I was able to install OSU! on MacOs 13 Monetary

community/forums/topics/1106057?n=1

arily
I have another solution and it performs astonishingly well in Sonoma. (play inside a vm)

you need
  1. an usb audio IF
  2. optionally a usb hub, a keyboard for lower input latency
  3. VMware Fusion Player(free) or Parallel should work fine as well
  4. a windows11 arm vm
- check d3d support

- passthrough your tablet, usb audio IF and hub

if you passthrough a hub you can connect your keyboard to that hub, to get lower latency

- install tablet drivers, it may prompt you to install .net x64 runtime, install that as well
- make sure to use the audio if in osu game.

it actually got lower frametimes compare to my PC w/ 5700xt

optimize:

1 - download "Quartz Debug" from apple, launch it, then choose window > Quartz Debug Settings
have these settings:

as long as you don't quit this app it'll take effects and eliminate vsync temporarily.

2 - check "reduce transparency" in System Settings > Accessibility

proof of it actually works lol
Topic Starter
NickTyler
[quote="arily"]
I have another solution and it performs astonishingly well in Sonoma. (play inside a vm)

Thank you for such a detailed solution! I will try it out.
Faisal727

NickTyler wrote:

[quote="arily"]

Thank you for such a detailed solution! I will try it out.
how did you get it to work?