forum

Beatmania IIDX

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MMzz
Beatmania IIDX
So does anyone know about the game, I always wanted to try it.
Seems that there are alot of maps from it here. :3
Mogsy
I am decent at IIDX, being able to do 8s and 9s. I'm not the biggest fan of the game, though, since it seems to be like a pissing contest between charts to see which can be the most bullshit.
Topic Starter
MMzz
Is there a way to play it on the PC?
MegaManEXE
Lately a lot of the Chinese mappers have picked up IIDX songs, not really sure why but I'm cool with that.

I kind of enjoy mapping IIDX stuff, it's usually easy to map and the song length is reasonable (2~ mins), plus there's almost always a great spot to put a break somewhere in the middle of the song. The only problem is that some of the songs tend to get very repetitive so it makes it hard to make the map feel fresh throughout the whole thing.
Mogsy

MegaManEXE wrote:

Lately a lot of the Chinese mappers have picked up IIDX songs, not really sure why but I'm cool with that.

I kind of enjoy mapping IIDX stuff, it's usually easy to map and the song length is reasonable (2~ mins), plus there's almost always a great spot to put a break somewhere in the middle of the song. The only problem is that some of the songs tend to get very repetitive so it makes it hard to make the map feel fresh throughout the whole thing.
IIDX songs are usually easy to map and have a decent length, yes (same could be said of any song from any Bemani game). However, that repetition problem does arise when one decides to look at the more popular IIDX songs. I do have maps of some less known Bemani stuff in the works, but those are songs that succeed at being different than the usual stuff (see: Beyond the Earth and a lot of Nekomata Master's other works, Osamu Kubota (ignore the video in the second link), etc.).

Back onto the topic of actual IIDX, I wish I could play it again at times, but at the same time, I just don't like a lot of the charts. It's the main reason why I stick to Pop'n, but it's all a matter of taste I guess.
MegaManEXE
I'd map some Pop'n stuff if I could find the damn OSTs D:
Pokebis

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Yes, there is. There are hacked arcade versions called HDD (ex. "Beatmania IIDX Empress HDD") That are hacked to run on the PC. They're quite difficult to get a hold of because the best place to get it is a picky invite only site run by assholes. They're protective of their warez, but it is possible to get them at other places. Expect 10 kb/s torrents, though.
Another way is to get a simulator like Stepmania and osu!
I think the best one is Lunatic Rave 2, but the website is down, so I haven't had a chance to try it. I'd actually appreciate it if someone can find a download for it.
Another one is Be-Pachi Music which works well enough. You can find official BMS charts and videos if you look around a bit.
If you want to use a controller, I'd grab one (7 buttons) from eBay and get a PS2 to USB hookup. Keyboard is dumb for iidx.
Topic Starter
MMzz

Pokebis wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Yes, there is. There are hacked arcade versions called HDD (ex. "Beatmania IIDX Empress HDD") That are hacked to run on the PC. They're quite difficult to get a hold of because the best place to get it is a picky invite only site run by assholes. They're protective of their warez, but it is possible to get them at other places. Expect 10 kb/s torrents, though.
Another way is to get a simulator like Stepmania and osu!
I think the best one is Lunatic Rave 2, but the website is down, so I haven't had a chance to try it. I'd actually appreciate it if someone can find a download for it.
Another one is Be-Pachi Music which works well enough. You can find official BMS charts and videos if you look around a bit.
If you want to use a controller, I'd grab one (7 buttons) from eBay and get a PS2 to USB hookup. Keyboard is dumb for iidx.
^^ Thank you
Kiyobi_old
This arcade I go to (a lot) has BMIIDX. I fail at it. Gimme 5-key Beatmania though, and I'll rock it.
Diokatsu
Hint: osu is not a good medium to make IIDX conversion charts

Mogsworth wrote:

I am decent at IIDX, being able to do 8s and 9s. I'm not the biggest fan of the game, though, since it seems to be like a pissing contest between charts to see which can be the most bullshit.
ICARUS BLACK

Pop'n is cooler in my opinion. The cuter interface makes it my favorite, but IIDX has some great songs: Mei, A, Zenius, Pollinosis, The Least 333 Seconds, etc.

Stepmania solo charts are the best IIDX PC simulation out there. Download thew Beatmania Conversion Megapacks, there are 4 so far:

Bemani Conversion Mini-Pack
BCMP2
BCMP3
BCMP4

These charts are really hard though so hit up Xiaounlimited's Solo Beginner Packs
Pokebis

Kiyobi wrote:

This arcade I go to (a lot) has BMIIDX. I fail at it. Gimme 5-key Beatmania though, and I'll rock it.
Lucky bastard.
MegaManEXE

Diokatsu wrote:

Hint: osu is not a good medium to make IIDX conversion charts
Uh yeah bro anyone could have told you that

Same goes for most Stepmania/Pop'n/ITG2 charts too
Diokatsu
So true.