forum

need help bad. Just lost all my beatmap process.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peacefulcat
i just spent 3 hours working on my first beatmap. I finished, i tried to upload it so i did but it said file too large. Tried changing the background multiple times nothing worked so i decided to trim the mp3 file. So i trimmed it, went to the beat map and copied the notes to put in the new trimmed version. All my notes are there when i left so i didnt press cut or delete. I make a new beatmap with that mp3 but nothing pastes. I go back to the old version and nothing is there. I reverted back to the last saved version, nothing there. Can i do anything? i feel so stupid, i spent so much time and tried to perfect it as best as i can, just to end up like this lol.
powerplayer75
you cant copy objects across maps. try checking in your osu songs folder so see if the beatmap file is there. the beatmap folder will be labeled something like "beatmap-(a bunch of numbers)-(song name)". if its there, open the .osu file in notepad or something and check the hitobjects section. if its empty then yeah its gone unless you made a backup.
Topic Starter
peacefulcat

powerplayer75 wrote:

you cant copy objects across maps. try checking in your osu songs folder so see if the beatmap file is there. the beatmap folder will be labeled something like "beatmap-(a bunch of numbers)-(song name)". if its there, open the .osu file in notepad or something and check the hitobjects section. if its empty then yeah its gone unless you made a backup.
Hey brother i checked files and all the hit objects are there. Now how do i get this in osu!?

Update: I found out how and all i can say is thank you so much. I thought everything was lost. Your fr a life saver
powerplayer75

peacefulcat wrote:

powerplayer75 wrote:

Hey brother i checked files and all the hit objects are there. Now how do i get this in osu!?

Update: I found out how and all i can say is thank you so much. I thought everything was lost. Your fr a life saver
glad it worked out