forum

[resolved] Profiles for osu! settings.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
xTheLaw
It would be really handy to have profiles for the settings.
My brother and i play on the same pc with 2 accounts and it can get really anoying to change all the settings like sensitivity and skin back to my settings whenever i want to play.

Please consider adding it.
Srbija
yes that should be added !
DENKOUSEKKA
I guess this would be a good thing to have to be able to switch to preset settings depending on what you are doing (Recording, for example)
sheela
Maybe you can create two users in your computer, and you can log in/out each time? I know it'll take too long.
Srbija

sheela901 wrote:

Maybe you can create two users in your computer, and you can log in/out each time? I know it'll take too long.
told him to do that and he said i wont do 2 pc users only for osu..
Yipo
Not a bad idea I suppose, but not really something high-priority.

It's really only a cfg file that holds the account info, so you don't need two users.

Anyway, here are a couple temporary solutions if you really find it to be too annoying. (I haven't tested either of these, btw, but I don't see why they wouldn't work.)

1. Copy the osu! game folder and create a shortcut for the separate accounts.

Only issue with this is wasted HDD space and separate song folders, etc.

2. In the osu! game folder all the settings and account info are stored in a file named something like (osu!.user.cfg)

You can copy that file for one account, log into the other account, change settings and then copy it again to somewhere else. You can then just replace that file with the config file for your account whenever you're going to play. This whole process would take less than 10 seconds once you actually have it set up. If you're familiar with batch files, then it could do the whole process in less than a second, but that's out of topic.

Hope it works out for you ;d
Topic Starter
xTheLaw

Yipo wrote:

2. In the osu! game folder all the settings and account info are stored in a file named something like (osu!.user.cfg)

You can copy that file for one account, log into the other account, change settings and then copy it again to somewhere else. You can then just replace that file with the config file for your account whenever you're going to play. This whole process would take less than 10 seconds once you actually have it set up. If you're familiar with batch files, then it could do the whole process in less than a second, but that's out of topic.

Hope it works out for you ;d
Tnx for the idea. I totally forgot about that posibility. Now i made a .bat file that lets me chose and thatn runs osu! :D
Yipo

xTheLaw wrote:

Tnx for the idea. I totally forgot about that posibility. Now i made a .bat file that lets me chose and thatn runs osu! :D
No problem. Glad I could help ;d