forum

[Archived] Audio played exactly 50ms too early

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fierioziy
Problem details:
When playing any map, audio is played exactly 50ms too early, resulting in error bar clicks placed around green area on the left.
When global audio offset is set to 50ms, audio is played normally.
Also, when setting 0ms global offset and enabling Audio compatibility mode, audio is played normally.

I had a small break from osu (played rarely in last 1-2 weeks or so), so I can't pinpoint since when it happens, but for sure I always had 0ms global audio offset set and disabled Audio compatibility mode and never previosly had audio latency issues.

One thing I noticed is that with disabled Audio compatibility mode there's a very small frame freeze just at the beginning of the map.
With enabled Audio compatibility mode, it never happens.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Windows 10
NVIDIA RTX 3070
Intel i5-12600
Blushing
Are you using wired headphones? Are your audio drivers/OS up to date? Make sure those are up-to-date. Do you have any sound enhancements on your audio drivers? If so, please disable them and try playing the game again. Also, make sure that the device output in osu! is set to the one you are wanting to use and not 'default' (just to make sure its truly using it even if you hear sound)
Topic Starter
Fierioziy
Quite late answer, but I hope it's valid reason to bump thread.

That 50ms delay was caused by using Equalizer APO - it probably messes something either around GPU or audio driver.
When uninstalled equalizer and updated graphic drivers, problem was solved.
Tested twice.

I don't know why updating GPU drivers fixes it, but here you go