forum

[Archived] 2 second blackscreen whenever I click on something

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fexicon
So whenever I click on something in the menu/map select I get a 2 second long blackscreen I've tried repairing osu! and restarting my pc but none of that has worked so far.
I've also tried switching between different client versions now I'm running out of ideas and the last thing I wanna do is redownload the game...

I just discovered that it also happens in other games and osu runs fine if I have it on windowed mode but nobody wants that lmfao
ThChienKh
Do you get any notification(error,....) when black screen?
Topic Starter
Fexicon

thchienkh wrote:

Do you get any notification(error,....) when black screen?
No my monitor just goes black for about 2 second
ThChienKh
oh so check the driver in you computer(update,check if yellow exclamation point...)
Topic Starter
Fexicon

thchienkh wrote:

oh so check the driver in you computer(update,check if yellow exclamation point...)
I updated my drivers aready :/

I only have this issue in osu!
Death
Are you using an AMD graphics card?

Does what you're seeing look like this or one of these videos?
Topic Starter
Fexicon

Death wrote:

I had exactly that but that was before the 2 second blackscreens appeared
yesterday I went away for a couple hours and it went away magically but I'm afraid that it'll come back and idk what to do if this issue reappears
-aster

Death wrote:

Fexicon wrote:

I had exactly that but that was before the 2 second blackscreens appeared
yesterday I went away for a couple hours and it went away magically but I'm afraid that it'll come back and idk what to do if this issue reappears
I've recently had this issue happen to me in updating to 23.9.3 and discovered that it's an issue from AMD's side with how the newer drivers handle openGL within applications that support fullscreen resolutions — like osu! ;
iirc from what threads I've peeked at and read around from, (if you don't want to downgrade to an earlier driver, such as 22.5.1) you can fix the issue by enabling "Compatibility mode" from the options menu or play the game in a non-native resolution (as in windowed) ^^^^