forum

[Archived] Janky, slippery, super snappy, hard to control cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nanofranne
Problem details:
I was just playing osu happily, adopting OTD and enjoying improved responsiveness compared to using huion's driver. Until one day, while in the middle of playing, my aim just suddenly becomes very, very weird. It's becoming so much snappy but slippery, as if it got acceleration or something, can't really describe it.

I'm using Huion H430P

I have tried:

restarting, obv
resetting my osu, my driver, reverting back some of my debloat changes in w11
applying filter on OTD, Disabling game mode on huion driver
Every stuff in option under 'input' menu
comparing both Huion Driver and OTD
Stable, beta, and experimental.
Compability mode and disable Fullscreen optimisation

None worked

I can't enjoy osu like this. I hope anyone can give some clue what might be happening. Everything tech is always fucking blackbox I'm too stupid to comprehend

Edit 1:

I turned on OTD, Checked on krita. My pen movement is as it should be. I opened up osu. It still looks and feels fine. Until I enter single player or multi, it immediately becomes weird. Even more so when I start playing any map.

I alt-tabbed out of osu, I checked again on krita and the jankiness applies as well.

so I believe this has something to do with the osu, not my w11, the tablet, or the driver

Edit 2:

I'm using default skin and others. The jankiness still applies. So the skin isn't the problem. I installed osu on another folder, run everything default, play the tutorial map, it's still goes fking janky

So some unknown things just affect osu..?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/69dhkbafcjzwu6d/2023-10-08_20-35-26.mp4/file

osu! version: Beta 20230814.1