forum

[Archived] How to fix Osu! to lowest Input lag (.ms)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JEKJEKIXD
Long short story :
Basically i just getting back to the game for like almost 3 months or more, i got a new laptop and then i came across this "input lag" problem. Back at times when i played osu with my old laptop (which now already totally broke) i did not ever get this issue like at all, it was an 2010 laptop "Dell inspiron N4010" with intel integrated graphics.

As you can see on the img below, when i downloaded osu again and open it and of course setting up my Osu to be ready played. My mouse cursor feels really REALLY heavy and i thought to myself this must be my input lag and yep i was right. Right now i'm using a "Dell Inspiron 7472" with specifications below ;
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)
- Memory 8GB DDR4
- SSD 128GB+1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- Display 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 60hz
- VGA nVidia GeForce MX150 2GB DDR5 and intel UHD 620
Another note that this is the first ever time i use a laptop with a Nvidia GPU.

So, i need some guide on how do i fix this issue of mine and probably others out there with their high Osu! input lag (ms) problem please because it's really annoying to play with heavy-like cursor movement.

and maybe some a little bit guide on how Nvidia gpu works also what Nvidia global 3D settings do i need to change? (i did some research on youtube etc in changing nvidia global settings but it seems like it didn't quite work for me) i would really appreciate any kind of help thanks you ^^

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://i.imgur.com/Zl4ic5r.jpg
(photo doesn't show up so i had to manually do this, pardon)
pot
Try this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/hqoakj/tutorial_removing_perceivable_latency_for_good/

Otherwise, make sure your game is in exclusive fullscreen and your frame limiter is set to optimal. Hope this helps
Topic Starter
JEKJEKIXD

Obama wrote:

Try this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/hqoakj/tutorial_removing_perceivable_latency_for_good/

Otherwise, make sure your game is in exclusive fullscreen and your frame limiter is set to optimal. Hope this helps
though I've did follow the guide here, my ms still caps at 7,8ms-8,5ms and sometimes dropped and I was wondering why is my fps still stuck at 120-130fps never reached 140 or more even tho i put it to optimal, what do I do next to fix this too?
Outcast Sanity
I have the same issue, also this reddit forum is more of an advice, it doesn't help for most input latency issues (for me).
Just do this:
1.) Go to the game directory and click on osu!.[YOUR NAME]
2.) Then ctrl + F and look from FrameSync and set to Custom
3.) Ctrl + F again and look for CustomFrameLimit and increase it as you like (I'd just put a thousand lol)
4.) Save and start the game

This could at least decrease the input delay, I did the same but the issue isn't completely fixed, still looking forward..
cuchu93
There's may ways to improve your overall system latency, from personal experience i can only recommend the "advanced" way.
By adjusting some advanced energy settings (adjusting core parking/time check intervals) and manually asigning your devices to specific cores, it's somewhat difficult if you don't have some knowledge but it can massively reduce your latency overall. And also this may vary from system to system.
For example on my pc. (12400f - 3060 12g) by doing that went from 6-9ms to a consistent 0.2ms (in-play).
I suggest you to check it out.
Topic Starter
JEKJEKIXD

cuchu93 wrote:

There's may ways to improve your overall system latency, from personal experience i can only recommend the "advanced" way.
By adjusting some advanced energy settings (adjusting core parking/time check intervals) and manually asigning your devices to specific cores, it's somewhat difficult if you don't have some knowledge but it can massively reduce your latency overall. And also this may vary from system to system.
For example on my pc. (12400f - 3060 12g) by doing that went from 6-9ms to a consistent 0.2ms (in-play).
I suggest you to check it out.
sorry for really late response, i've been unactive for a long time, may i know where to find these settings?