forum

Preview point doesn't work on webpage?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LyronXXX
I just started a new map here: beatmapsets/2069946#fruits/4331208
This contains a preview point which I inserted under timing->use current position as preview point.
The preview point does work fine (for me) in osu!, but NOT ON THE WEBPAGE

I uploaded the beatmap and tried to press play on this webpage and nothing happens, no music is playing.
Can anyone help?
semaphore
Preview points breaking on the site isn't uncommon, unfortunately. If your map had a preview point when you uploaded it and you changed it later, it could take days for it to update. (also IIRC ranking the map forces it to update)
Blushing
Some notes about preview points:

If you initially uploaded the beatmap with no preview point, then updated the preview point and reuploaded the beatmap, it can take up to a day for the preview point to be reflected from the client to the website.

If your audio file is not in .ogg or .mp3 it won't play on the website. I checked and for all the checks I did it seems to be a correct mp3 file so this one is for you just to make sure that you truly have a .mp3 file.

Make sure to have actually set a preview point for all the difficulties in the mapset.
Topic Starter
LyronXXX
~2 weeks later, still doesn't work. Audio is in .mp3, preview point is set and there is only one difficulty.