forum

[Archived] How can I change the little preview image for my beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Victoria Seras
I made a map and uploaded it but didn't like the background so I switched it for a different one. But problem is the little preview thing you see in the song select menu still displays the old background. Is there a way to fix this issue?

https://imgur.com/xkF8K58 This is what I'm talking about. You can clearly see the actual background is different from the little one.

I also tried deleting and redownloading the map from the website (I also deleted the small image from the bt folder) but the problem persisted even then.

pls help thx

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Blushing
Take a look through here, read Dntm8kmeeatu's post and decide whether its worth it or not.
Topic Starter
Victoria Seras

Blushing wrote:

Take a look through here, read Dntm8kmeeatu's post and decide whether its worth it or not.

The issue you linked to seems to only be on the op's side and has to do with something going wrong with osu on their device, as opposed to my issue which is that the map ID is linked to this thumbnail and displays like that for everyone.

Still, thanks for trying to help.
Blushing
Probably just needs time to switch the thumbnails considering this was submitted 33~ hours ago and then resubmitted with the new bg within 24 hours. But sorry for the confusion, I thought it was referring to other beatmaps like the thread I posted.
Topic Starter
Victoria Seras
In that case the e-mail to osu support was probably a bit of a waste... oh well. lol

Well anyways thanks for your replies and dw about it, getting a response is better than getting no response. :)
SilverStar555
Im actually having the same problem right now, and I cant remember ever having this issue before.
(old bg has white border and worse looking black keys, new one doesn't)
Usually its possible to go into the data folder, click on the "bt" folder and delete the old preview image, fixing the issue. Ive done this before and it has worked in the past, but Ive tried wiping the entire PC of anything related to the map and then re-downloading it, and it still doesn't fix the issue.
Let me know if you can resolve this because its driving me mad rn
Topic Starter
Victoria Seras

SilverStar555 wrote:

Im actually having the same problem right now, and I cant remember ever having this issue before.
(old bg has white border and worse looking black keys, new one doesn't)
Usually its possible to go into the data folder, click on the "bt" folder and delete the old preview image, fixing the issue. Ive done this before and it has worked in the past, but Ive tried wiping the entire PC of anything related to the map and then re-downloading it, and it still doesn't fix the issue.
Let me know if you can resolve this because its driving me mad rn
I contacted osu support about it and they said the thumbnail will just take "a few days" to update.

Guess all we can do is wait.