forum

[Archived] Pen Drifting help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
curlychiaseed
osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)

Hello, I am having some pen issues and this is the closest thread I could find that might help me. I've played Osu for a couple years and I started with a mouse but switched to pen (Huion tablet H590P) last Christmas and I played much better. However recently I had to do a serious back up with my pc that required me to reinstall windows and all of my apps, my Huion Tablet Driver included. But ever since I've reinstalled it, my pen has been acting like a mouse in Osu. No matter where I press my pen on my tablet area, it does not correspond to where it should be on my monitor. But it does not do this outside of Osu, only while I'm playing.

My cursor drifts while I'm playing and a couple times I've gone off my tablet area. I've messed around with my settings in my drivers already and nothing has fixed this so far. This has never happened before or if it had, it is much more noticeable now.

I dont know how but when I open Osu, my pens absolute positioning gets disabled somehow.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
THAT_otaku
Only thing that should be happening in theory is that u have your tablet in mouse mode? Or youre somehow usong an active area bigger than ur tablet? Idk, but there shouldnt be any drift on a tablet since it uses ur exact point on the tablet amd translates it to the corresponding point on the screen, it doesnt act the same way as a mouse where u can move/drift the cursor around.
I would check that its not in mouse mode first of all.
Topic Starter
curlychiaseed

THAT_otaku wrote:

Only thing that should be happening in theory is that u have your tablet in mouse mode? Or youre somehow usong an active area bigger than ur tablet? Idk, but there shouldnt be any drift on a tablet since it uses ur exact point on the tablet amd translates it to the corresponding point on the screen, it doesnt act the same way as a mouse where u can move/drift the cursor around.
I would check that its not in mouse mode first of all.
I've tried with mouse mode off and with it on, it didnt make a difference. I've reinstalled my drivers and updated my pc drivers to no avail. I've also made my area bigger/smaller but that only changes my pens sensitivity. It still acts the same and drifts the same. I think I might just ger a newer version of this tablet and see if that works